What's new

Waiting for SP3...

Liam2349

Just waiting, but I would like a case. Something that's not too bulky, just something to store it in.. anyone seen anything?

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I posted what I got in this thread as a link. It's not the prettiest case, but what I liked about it was it has a specific pocket you can store the pen in. I guess I'll find out how it actually is soon.....

FlySwatter

Just waiting, but I would like a case. Something that's not too bulky, just something to store it in.. anyone seen anything?
Do you want a case (with a handle or shoulder strap) or a sleeve? I personally wanted a small case so I could carry more stuff, and even with a sleeve, I'd want at least a handle (again, a personal preference). There's already a thread here with a lot of links for both solutions. I'll paste a link below. It's about 6 pages.

http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/travel-case-for-surface-pro-3.9136/

I personally ordered this one (there are other color choices), which I am expecting to be delivered within the next hour actually.
http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Hor...2428&sr=8-1&keywords=case+crown+messenger+bag

Liam2349

Do you want a case (with a handle or shoulder strap) or a sleeve? I personally wanted a small case so I could carry more stuff, and even with a sleeve, I'd want at least a handle (again, a personal preference). There's already a thread here with a lot of links for both solutions. I'll paste a link below. It's about 6 pages.

http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/travel-case-for-surface-pro-3.9136/

I personally ordered this one (there are other color choices), which I am expecting to be delivered within the next hour actually.
http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Horizontal-Messenger-Microsoft-Surface/dp/B009RV2EOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407722428&sr=8-1&keywords=case crown messenger bag

I'm looking for a sleeve. I only take it out of the house to go to University, where I currently use my SP2 all the time.. except term ended about 6 weeks ago. When I take it out, I already have a bag for it, so it just goes with the other stuff I take to my lectures.

So just a sleeve to keep it safe in the bag.

It's not enough, I know, but I have a 32gb Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC I casrd lying around the house gathering dust... will that work in the SP3 until I get a 128gb card???

EDIT - Scratch that... I just realised what I have is an SDHC card, NOT a micro SDHC card :)

Last edited:

daveyp

It's not enough, I know, but I have a 32gb Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC I casrd lying around the house gathering dust... will that work in the SP3 until I get a 128gb card???

EDIT - Scratch that... I just realised what I have is an SDHC card, NOT a micro SDHC card :)
32GB might be enough, depends on what you will use it for. I have a 50GB dropbox, 40GB of which is being used, synced to my microsd so I opted for the 128. the extrreme pros and other types might be a waste of money as well. Microsd slots in the sp3 and most other tablets run on usb 2.0, with effective max throughput around 35MB/s; the 90MB/s extreme cards are fairly useless in that regard.

Thanks Daveyp... I was just thing to use it as it is a spare one here. When I buy one don't think I will get an extreme pro. I think I'm just going to use it for music and movies :)

grumpy

Microsd slots in the sp3 and most other tablets run on usb 2.0, with effective max throughput around 35MB/s; the 90MB/s extreme cards are fairly useless in that regard.
I have a 64GB Samsung UHS-I card in my SP2 and I get 60+MB/s reads and writes top out at about 18MB/s.

daveyp

I have a 64GB Samsung UHS-I card in my SP2 and I get 60+MB/s reads and writes top out at about 18MB/s.

That's awesome. I was only quoting wikipedia which states the effective throughput is 35. The theoretical maximum is exactly 60.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm just sat watching a surfacegeek video and playing the waiting game. I'm not buying any accessies for it until i find they are needed. It'll be nothing but the device and keyboard for me. Although i do need to find a shoulder bag or backpack, and a sleeve, those are rather mandatory. An sd card, not so much. I don't realistically envision keeping anything on this but text files and the occasional rom or game, and can't really envision ever using the usb port.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member