What's new

Waiting for SP3...

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's what I'm trying to do now. Via online chat to someone who's called Mary (but I suspect that's not her real name..).

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm cr*p no option for any faster delivery and they can't change the address without cancelling the order so I think the order is now cancelled. Will check tomorrow then re-order hopefully getting it delivered to my parent's address as that's where I'll be the week after 28th.....

Liam2349

Hmm cr*p no option for any faster delivery and they can't change the address without cancelling the order so I think the order is now cancelled. Will check tomorrow then re-order hopefully getting it delivered to my parent's address as that's where I'll be the week after 28th.....

I've called Microsoft twice. Once to ask about the trial period, where the guy said if I pre ordered I would get it on the morning of the 28th.

The next time I called was to change Type Cover color, which required cancelling the cover and re ordering - he sorted it on the phone. When I asked about possible late delivery due to changing, he said I would get the cover on release.

It is strange that you've been told it will take 5-7 days, so I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask again. There definitely wasn't an option for faster delivery but if I don't get it on the 28th, I will be extremely annoyed.

Also, how did you live chat on the UK store? I can only find the option for live chat on MS Store US.

yonghong

Dont forget some BT headphones, BT mouse, 128GB microsd ;)

I picked up some Plantronics Backbeat Go 2's with charging case @ BestBuy for $72 (after price match to tiger direct). Work great with the SP3.
BT headphone sucks on SP3, get away with that,

Liam2349

BT headphone sucks on SP3, get away with that,

I've used my Turtle Beach Z300 with my SP2 through bluetooth. You can only get stereo sound through bluetooth and the quality isn't even close to the quality you get with the wireless receiver, but SP2 didn't work with it unfortunately.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've called Microsoft twice. Once to ask about the trial period, where the guy said if I pre ordered I would get it on the morning of the 28th.

The next time I called was to change Type Cover color, which required cancelling the cover and re ordering - he sorted it on the phone. When I asked about possible late delivery due to changing, he said I would get the cover on release.

It is strange that you've been told it will take 5-7 days, so I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask again. There definitely wasn't an option for faster delivery but if I don't get it on the 28th, I will be extremely annoyed.

Also, how did you live chat on the UK store? I can only find the option for live chat on MS Store US.

I m not sure how I got it to be honest it just popped up. I'm confused now. I may have to call them again today and order that way as when I called some time ago I was told the same as you.

Liam2349

Ok so I just called again to ask about delivery. The guy told me they will all be shipped on the 28th and then it will take 5-7 days to arrive... so that's the week after.

This is very disappointing to hear, but I have also been told otherwise a couple of days ago. Anyone else want to call and see what they tell you today?

uktivo

I was categorically told that Ms ship on the 28th and delivery would take between 5/7 working days. There are no options to pay extra for a speedy delivery, hence my reluctance to place the order, especially as pc world are offering a 100 pounds cash back deal and are telling me they will have units on launch day. Seems a good deal. Of course.. I may be wrong.

Liam2349

I was categorically told that Ms ship on the 28th and delivery would take between 5/7 working days. There are no options to pay extra for a speedy delivery, hence my reluctance to place the order, especially as pc world are offering a 100 pounds cash back deal and are telling me they will have units on launch day. Seems a good deal. Of course.. I may be wrong.

How does this cash back work? I bought from Microsoft for the student discount which equated to £94.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok.... I cancelled my pre-order last night after the online chat.

I then went to try to re-place an order to be delivered to my mum and dad's address (as that's where I am the week after). But because I'd ordered via the student store it wouldn't let me as it said I'd already ordered one (cancellation hadn't come through at that point., also there was only one type cover available (purple).

So I called again this morning from the number listed on the UK store website, the lady there said the exact same thing the lady said the first time I called back in June... that if it's pre-ordered it will be delivered ON the 28. I asked if I pre-ordered again today whether that would still count, she went away to check somewhere and came backs saying Yes, if the item is in stock it will be delivered on or by 28th.

I then got her to check stocks, there was still stock available of the i7 256, but the blue type cover (mid blue - probably like the best buy USA colour) was not available, only the purple, as I'd seen on the store last night.

So I then ordered the i7 and the purple cover again over the phone and got them delivered to my work address - taking a chance that she was correct.

On the help page of the UK store it says that items on pre-order will be delivered IMMEDIATELY, which is odd wording if 5-7 days after the release date.... so I'm taking the chance.. but I could be disappointed.

I guess I wait and see if I get a shipping confirmation before 28th... I wish I hadn't cancelled now as I'm in the same position I was before!

It seems information provided is not consistent.