What's new

Warranty Question

VickiFL

My experience with extended warranties has not been good. In the majority of cases I have not had reason to make a claim. In the instances where I have tried to make a claim the company(s) carrying the extended warranty has refused to honour the claim. In my opinion extended warranties are a complete waste of money and are unnecessary. Extended warranties is just another example of a sales person trying to sell a product or service (which is not needed) to a gullible customer.

I agree, for the most part. I disagree when it comes to the SP3, though. This is a very expensive piece of equipment (over $1,300 for me) and I would feel vulnerable w/o the Microsoft Complete warranty.

malberttoo

My experience with extended warranties has not been good. In the majority of cases I have not had reason to make a claim. In the instances where I have tried to make a claim the company(s) carrying the extended warranty has refused to honour the claim. In my opinion extended warranties are a complete waste of money and are unnecessary. Extended warranties is just another example of a sales person trying to sell a product or service (which is not needed) to a gullible customer.

I mostly agree as well. But in this case, no question of its value. It would be painful for me at this point to have to come up with enough money to buy another SP3 if I had to. But since I've already paid the $150 for Complete, it would be no problem at all to only have to come up with $50 to replace it.

Grumpy2

I agree, for the most part. I disagree when it comes to the SP3, though. This is a very expensive piece of equipment (over $1,300 for me) and I would feel vulnerable w/o the Microsoft Complete warranty.
I think we are talking about two different things here. The Microsoft Complete Warranty or whatever it is called is different because it is offered and administered by the manufacturer. Those extended warranties (cover) I do not have a problem with. The ones I do not like are the ones offered by a salesperson in a store. They are usually done through a third party ( insurance company) and are generally dodgy. In the part of the world I live in extended warranties are a waste of money as they do not provide any benefits which a consumer does not already have under the laws of the country where I live. In fact some retailers have stopped selling extended warranties for that reason. In my case my Sp3 was bought on 19/9/14 and the warranty expires 28/11/16. The type cover bought the same has a warranty that expires 10th December 2016. But it does not cover accidents of course. But try claiming under an extended warranty that does cover accidents. I have without much success.