What's new

Was about to buy SP3 when saw this bad review on Youtube?

juanjo322

Welcome to the forum & to your new SP3 @juanjo322.
Being "a long time Iphone iMac and Apple TV user" these truly "are uncharted waters". It all comes down (IMO) to if you can figure out and adapt to Windows OS coming from Mac. Once you do there's no comparison. Ipad is just an IPhone with a big screen and no phone. My SP3 is my desktop (when plugged into a 27" monitor/3 USB3 HDs/wireless keyboard & mouse), my laptop and my tablet.

Thank you !! Glad to be here :)

From what I've read and learning from previous users of the SP1 & SP2 seems a lot Of the little frustrations have been resolved, I can see the potential and yes you're absolutely correct, being a long time user of said devices and once you make the switch you'll wonder how we ever managed without these comforts..

kevinlevrone

The review is done as she had an agenda from the beginning. She wanted to do a negative review in order to attract viewers. I find the complaints hilarious.

Maximus3D

I would not pay attention to a Apple fangirls review of Windows hardware, it will be negative no matter what.

About calibrating displays, i would like to wish her and her fellowship of Apple users good luck hardware calibrating their displays. It can't be done as easily and well as you can hardware calibrate the display on our Surface Pro 3. Mac's are known to be troublesome to calibrate, only a inaccurate software calibration can be done yet they are considered the best for demanding graphics work where colour accuracy is important.

/ Magnus

Most macs have terrible colour accuracy out of the box.. problem is, people get used to the terribleness and then when the compare it to a well calibrated screen dont like the calibrated screen over the terribleness of apple displays

iDatus

been away a while but surprised to see a post like this.
The screen was properly tested when it came out and from memory was the second best screen money could buy, a quick search on Bing found this.
http://www.displaymate.com/Surface_Pro_ShootOut_1.htm
and a quote from it
Most Accurate Colors:

The Surface Pro 3 also has the most accurate on-screen colors of any Tablet or Smartphone display that we have ever measured for all standard consumer content (sRGB/Rec.709). That is another impressive achievement because everything in the display has to perform just right in order to produce very accurate colors – it is the single most challenging and important performance characteristic for a display. The Absolute Color Accuracy for the Surface Pro 3 is an Excellent

Liam2349

been away a while but surprised to see a post like this.
The screen was properly tested when it came out and from memory was the second best screen money could buy, a quick search on Bing found this.
http://www.displaymate.com/Surface_Pro_ShootOut_1.htm
and a quote from it
Most Accurate Colors:

The Surface Pro 3 also has the most accurate on-screen colors of any Tablet or Smartphone display that we have ever measured for all standard consumer content (sRGB/Rec.709). That is another impressive achievement because everything in the display has to perform just right in order to produce very accurate colors – it is the single most challenging and important performance characteristic for a display. The Absolute Color Accuracy for the Surface Pro 3 is an Excellent

Looks like a lot goes into it. I've never really been thankful that the display is so good, but I guess that's a good thing, not noticing it.

kundas1

you guys should write on here YT page and let her know of her inaccuracies with the links you guys just provided to back up your proof and let her and everyone know she's wrong and that the SP3 is a great device!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Must use wisdom when confronted with lots of knowledge.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is actually a fruit.
Wisdom is not including a tomato in fruit salad.
This review is like a tomato. Something has gone terribly wrong inside the tomato; the inside of a tomato is not right, it's not done, put it back, leave it alone. :eek:

This review is like a tomato. Something has gone terribly wrong inside the tomato; the inside of a tomato is not right, it's not done, put it back, leave it alone. :eek:

Interesting. i also find the innards of a tomato emotionally disturbing and avoid it if at all possible