What's new

Washington Post app

vsherry

Am I the only one who sees a bunch of tech articles under the sports header in The Washington Post's Windows app?

Larry Berk

What I've concluded about most of the news apps written for the Surface is that the publishers did the bare minimum in development work in order not to dis the world's largest software publisher presuming that nobody will buy any Surfaces. I have seen the same thing you're experiencing with regard to old content.

I've had an iPad and an Android tablet and I'm a self-avowed news-junkie. The iPad/Android apps for Washington Post, New York Times and Wall Street Journal all offer the ability for the app to download the latest edition of their papers so that you could read them offline, in airplane mode, etc. The Surface versions of all of these apps lack that feature and others as well.

David NC

I agree. I love my SP3, but the quality of Windows Modern Apps is abysmal. Even those that are highly rated fall greatly short of their counterparts for iOS and Android. The inability to download for offline reading is unforgiveable, in my view. If I were a website publisher I would want all three flavors of my app (iOS, Android, Windows Universal) to look, feel, and operate the same. It's called branding. That no publishers do this now (Facebook being a possible exception) is amazing to me.