What's new

WD my cloud can you use with surface rt?

defenbaughscott

Can you access and upload and download from a WD my cloud? I have no issue with configuring with a window laptop but its unclear if I can access without the WD app which is not surface compatible.

kundas1

are you able to access via the web? If so then you should be able to as you would like onedrive and don't necessarily need the "WD APP" per say cuzz I know onedrive can be accessed via the web (html) BUT if the WD my cloud is only app dependent then you might be out of luck...

Deckyon

Once you set up the WD Drive via the web interface, you can opt to turn on FTP access. Then you have access to it from anywhere via browser or FTP software. I use mine like that all the time to transfer files to/from home. My office has all Cloud access turned off...

Arizona Willie

I have the 4TB WD My Cloud and I just went to it with my Surface Pro 128 ( original version ) using Windows Explorer.

I can access files from the My Cloud with no problem.

That is, after all, the entire idea behind NAS. The things on your WD My Cloud are < supposed > to be available to devices with access to your wireless network.
If you can't see them then something is wrong with your configuration.

Can you access and upload and download from a WD my cloud? I have no issue with configuring with a window laptop but its unclear if I can access without the WD app which is not surface compatible.