What's new

We all get new computers tomorrow - Monthly Tuesday update

dman27

Edit, meant to add I also updated to the new Intel drivers. However, didn't see the speed test increase on Intel XTU benchmarking until after the Microsoft update today.

After the firmware update today i've made again an enery report with administrator privileges
powercfg -energy -output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Energy_Report.html

I have NO problem listed there now. Before i always had at least one (CPU or explorer.exe) listed, but SP3 was working well anyway. Havent read anywhere about problems - that is new looking to firmware updates in the past ;)

kristalsoldier

No problems with my install either. But I did notice something. I had increased the size of the text etc. through Control Panel to 200%. This made the desktop stuff larger, but kept the MUI stuff normal. After the update the MUI stuff also scaled up to 200%, which distorted everything so I had to reduce the percentage to 150% (the default settings). Any ideas?

kristalsoldier

my fan is being conspicuously quiet. oh please let this mean they fixed something

The fan on my SP3 whirred for about 10 mins or so. The top right side felt quite warm. But then after 5 mins or so, the fan went off and the device went back to as it was before - cool, calm, collected and bloody efficient. From what Jeff has posted it appears that nothing was done to enhance the battery - I wonder if anything more can be done in that regard. Nevertheless, tomorrow will be a day for testing and playing around with the SP3.

DaSchnee

Since I got the SP3 on the 28th, I always had very poor WiFi speeds (max 30Mbps). After todays update I get more than 100Mbps consistently! Fastest device over WiFi I own!

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    48.1 KB · Views: 389

DeltaXray

It feels like touch scrolling in MUI IE is a lot smoother after these updates. And I haven't had one IE CPU spike that has required me to force kill it and re-open in the 3hrs since installing either. Fingers crossed this persists.