What's new

We all get new computers tomorrow - Monthly Tuesday update

joga

All Updates are installed. No problems at all.

I have noticed that the device feels snappier (i7/256GB), not sure yet...

kundas1

applied the updates, but my SP3 got stuck at preparing computer at 33% I had to hard shut down and reboot... first time it ever did that, then I had to redo 2 updates... hopefully nothing is mucked up on my SP3. :confused::confused:

ScottyS

Hi all. I just made a thread about this, but wondering if anyone else here had the 8/19/14 firmware update REINSTALL!? today. I'm very confused as my system shows that it successfully installed on 8/20 and I honestly have felt some issues that I was having have been fixed. Then, today my computer says it has updates that will be installed on reboot. After a very fast reboot, my update history shows the 8/19/14 was installed again. I was wondering if it had something to do with getting ready for tomorrows updates but I think I may be the only one that has this happening. Any ideas whats up? Did the first one not install? I have not uninstalled or changed anything since 8/19View attachment 3577
I had this too, but my second install failed...
upload_2014-9-9_23-22-2.png

I believe the 8/19 firmware update made my WiFi unable to reconnect after coming out of standby, and caused the Bluetooth part of the pen constantly have to re-pair.
Just had the 9/9 firmware update install and am waiting to see if that solved my problems.

ynohtna

yay, I'm gonna look forward to these monthly updates if it keeps causing the temp icon shutdown while installing!! I wonder how much damage it causes software wise....... like running the update again finishes everything off but i wonder if something might still be broken :( too bad you can't easily roll back and start over.

attached is a snapshot of windows update after turning it back on
updatefail.PNG

unruledboy

all updated, did not notice difference. still try to test the wifi connection after recover from hibernation

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
My i7 which has been running almost flawlessly (just one episode with wifi limited connectivity) since I got it is currently sitting behind me downloading a firmware update... I'm scared it's going to make it go wrong. These past two days I've felt like a SP3 sales person as I've been demonstrating it to "oohs" and "ahhs" of my colleagues at work... just hope it stays the slick and wonderful machine it was before the updates..... fingers crossed LOL

Markb68

I installed the 9/9 firmware update and the windows updates. My SP3 shut down during the installation and showed a temperature symbol. Then it restarted and completed the installation. Now I have to live with constant fan noise even with no applications running. I can't live with this... Before the update my SP3 was perfect and had no issues whatsoever.

Update: I've uninstalled Office365, OneDrive for Business and the Outlook CRM2011 plug in and everything seems to have returned to normal.

Last edited: