websurfing on a Surface 2 - will it be much slower than a SP2?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface 2' started by reach, Apr 27, 2014.

1. reach

reach Member

Hi there,
    I'm really frustrated: I just HATE surfing on any type of iOS or Android device, because ... you know, it just doesn't work. No flash, rubbish mobile sites, etc...
    Hence I've got myself a Surface Pro 2, the most frustrating computer experience I've had in my whole life, so I want to get rid of it.
    Thinking about a solution to my dilemma I came across a totally weird solution: buy (another!!!) MS device: a second hand Surface 2.
    IE on the SP2 works rather well, very fast and it shows me the web-pages as they're supposed to be seen.
    So, the Surface 2 should do the same, shouldn't it? Will it be significatly slower? Am I overseing any drawbacks?

Thx,
    reach

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    I do 90% of my Web Surfing on my Surface 2, it works really well but there are a few sites that cause it to bog down such as the Huffington Post.

1 person likes this.
  3. reach

reach Member

Thank you. In this case, I'd be curious how the SP2 renders that page. Could you please give me the exact link? Is it www.huffingtonpost.com/‎ ?

4. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    It is usually some article a peer is linking to in Social Media or Social Aggregator, but on the SP2 IE struggles as well but with 8GB of RAM it handles the Flash Cr@p Ads better...

But your link is the root, click on some articles and you'll see, they love rollover Ads, Video Ads, etc...