What's new

Weird discoloration

cvc988

So I had the new intel driver but rolled back to the stock one. Something is all off though and i dont know what it is. Screenshots render correctly, so I had to show camera images. This is not the color of the actual image, confirmed by looking at the picture on my other monitor. This is the lockscreen, it is like there is some weird dark filter over it or something???

Attachments

• IMG_20141002_115017596.jpg
    IMG_20141002_115017596.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 645

manoroid

The intel display power saving feature is on which screws everything up. This is unfortunately stock with the normal windows updates. You need to install the new intel updates from the intel website. You need the intel control panel to turn that thing off. I with ya. It drives me nuts too. Microsoft needs to include the control in their updates.

OP
C

cvc988

I just rolled back from the Intel update due to bugs. This only happened a few days ago. Can't I turn it off somewhere?

manoroid

You turn it off on the power settings. With the Intel control panel. Power tab and last option. Display power saving technology. accept and then reboot. should fix it.

OP
C

cvc988

Well I'm at square one. I'm back on the new Intel driver with the same two issues that caused me to uninstall it. 1) can't get color calibration tolerable. 2) weird UI artifacts in outlook and constantly have to maximize and restore to rectify

If I roll back the driver, there is the original discoloration mentioned in the OP where it almost seems like some dark filter over the screen

OP
C

cvc988

I rolled back and attached a better illustration of the issue here. It is weird because 90% of apps/programs/windows look perfectly normal. The picture with the greys and distinction between areas of the program is my 19" monitor over HDMI. The all black is my surface. any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20141004_221209081.jpg
    IMG_20141004_221209081.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 448
  • IMG_20141004_221231645.jpg
    IMG_20141004_221231645.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 406

Metalman

I rolled back and attached a better illustration of the issue here. It is weird because 90% of apps/programs/windows look perfectly normal. The picture with the greys and distinction between areas of the program is my 19" monitor over HDMI. The all black is my surface. any ideas?
Try changing to YCB, I think that is how it is in control panel.
You will only see this setting when your monitor is connected.