Weird pricing digital content on Xbox Video & itunes Video stores

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface 2' started by FFX, Feb 17, 2014.

1. FFX

FFX Active Member

My Device:
    S2
    Why are digital content so overpriced?
    At my local MediaMarkt store I can purchase The Hobbit on blue ray disc for $7,61.
    And on the Xbox Video store the same movie in SD is $21,57, and on iTunes its $26,23. How can a "real" physical copy of the same movie be that much cheaper?
    If digital content was priced as competitively, as the physical copies are at my local store, I for one would purchase a lot more movies.

2. kundas1

kundas1 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Totally agree with you, and it's just not MS and iTunes, when I had my blackberry playbook all the movies were also over priced and to add insult to injury it's more cheaper to produce a digital copy for download than it is to produce a physical copy as it's more expensive for those BR/HD disks! just doesn't make sense to me

3. daniielrp

daniielrp Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    One off charges are doomed. Netflix/Spotify and other similar streaming services are the way forward really. Well the only way that is in favour of consumers at least :/

4. TopGearCat

TopGearCat New Member

My Device:
    S2
    Unfortunately, streaming media isn't much good for travel. I like to buy a new movie before a plane ride, and the Xbox prices are silly. I'm not paying $20 for anything I can't hold in my hand.

Not to mention that the Xbox video store interface is pathetic. No browse by genre, no recommendations, no sort by price/title/date/etc.