What's new

Well, I returned it!

timack

Not because I didn't like this tablet. I absolutely did! In fact it is incredibly frustrating to have to return it because finally, after testing an Ipad, an Asus Infinity and using my Acer Iconia, I finally was able to use the Office apps seamlessly with my word documents (which I use for a living). BUT, it won't work with Microsoft 365!! And our company is moving to that to use. I really thought it would work with it but Microsoft finally verified with me on the phone that it will not work with it.

I guess I will wait for the Pro version which will run it, but I think that will be really expensive (I'm guessing 900-1,000 bucks.)

Great tablet...it is Microsoft the greedy company which is frustrating! I plan on hanging out here though to see how everyone likes the RT!

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully it's just a matter of time before the Surface supports MS 365. Sorry to hear the bad news, but I'm sure something bigger and better will roll out for the same price that will support it.

mickrg123

Not because I didn't like this tablet. I absolutely did! In fact it is incredibly frustrating to have to return it because finally, after testing an Ipad, an Asus Infinity and using my Acer Iconia, I finally was able to use the Office apps seamlessly with my word documents (which I use for a living). BUT, it won't work with Microsoft 365!! And our company is moving to that to use. I really thought it would work with it but Microsoft finally verified with me on the phone that it will not work with it.

I guess I will wait for the Pro version which will run it, but I think that will be really expensive (I'm guessing 900-1,000 bucks.)

Great tablet...it is Microsoft the greedy company which is frustrating! I plan on hanging out here though to see how everyone likes the RT!

How did you reset device before you retuned it?

whyjoe

For me, Office 365 works great on Surface.

What is this talk of not supporting Office 365? I am an Office 365 user. The following features work fine on Surface for me:
* Office 365 mail syncs to mail app
* Office 365 works with Lync app
* Word, Excel, Powerpoint open and save files to Office 365 SharePoint Spaces.

Am I missing something???

OP
T

timack

I don't have it in front of me (obviously), but I went to the charms bar, and pc settings (if I recall correctly), and one of those menu options allow you to reset your device from new. It took maybe 10 minutes.

OP
T

timack

Part of the problem I had was that my company is just about to unify all the staff (small staffing team) through 365, which I believe is rolling out this week. I only had 14 days to return the surface, which I bought at a Microsoft Store locally. I was doing fast research, learning the tablet, but didn't have 365 to test. So I was calling Microsoft. I discovered quickly that the Store employees really have no idea what the surface can or cannot do, so they referred me to their tech support staff at Microsoft. Three people later, one saying it will work, the other two higher up insisting it won't work, prompted me to return it before the deadline.

And now whyjoe, you are making me re-evaluate my decision!! (-:

Is anyone else using 365 on the surface? Maybe I will buy it again after we launch (should of waited to do that the first time) and actually try it!!

TeknoBlast

I'm a 365 user and it works fine for me. Both my personal and 365 email are seperated by a tab at the bottom-left corner. I'm able to view my emails using the Mail app and see my appointments in the Calendar app. I didnt try any Office documents using 365 though. I do Office with my SkyDrive documents, both Word and Excel.