What's new

Well...lost my stylus today...that was bound to happen...

oldsock

The price for the Microsoft Pen is ridiculous, $30!! It feels very cheap too. If you are willing to live without the eraser, the Wacom Bamboo Stylus feel is an awesome alternative for only $10 more. The quality is very high, and it comes with a rubbery tip that feels more paper-like when writing on the screen.

Bamboo Stylus feel black | Wacom

mitchellvii

I have that bamboo stylus... and love it... but no eraser option :(

Interesting. How does it feel in your hand? Does the extra weight cause any fatigue? One nice thing about the super light and cheap SP stylus is that you can write all day and not get tired. Do you feel the extra weight improves your handwriting? I have a Montblanc and always felt that it was too heavy to write with all day. Sort of like a Rolex. Looks great and feels great but after a day of wearing starts feel in heavy and uncomfortable on your arm.

malberttoo

I've owned 3 different tablets, all with silos for the pens, and have never lost one yet. With my Surface Pro, I misplaced the pen several times in only the first couple weeks!! TERRIBLE design decision to not have a silo for the pen, I can only guess space was a serious concern when they built it.

Anyways, I bought the pen loop above from Amazon, problem solved.

IMG_2250 (Small).JPG

IMG_2251 (Small).JPG

mitchellvii

MS was clearly more interested in cool than functional in some of these design choices. Even worse than the pen for me is the single option kickstand that makes my SP point approximately at the middle of my chest as opposed to me face. Looks cool, works for sh*t.

HD_Dude

I taped my stylus to the back cover with black duct tape. Gotta use black, because silver looks bad.

It has stayed right there ever since.

When I want to use it, I just rip it off, and use it. Then I put it back when I'm done, and use the same piece of duct tape. Still works after ripping it off and putting it back on about six times.

Figure eventually I'll need to use a new piece of duct tape. But I have a whole roll, so I should be good for a while.

If you guys need any photos let me know.

Russ

If you guys need any photos let me know.

HD_Dude --

Could you post photos and a set of detailed instructions? Some of us are a little slow. :)

I had to laugh at this one. I'm an olde dirt-biker, and we used duct tape for everything imaginable. (And a few unimaginable things.)

Take care,
Russ

trashcan

Stuck 2 pen loops to the top of the pro (with only 1 it is not balanced) made a loop with an elastic tether around 1 pen loop. Stretched out the ring on the other end a smidge and then encircled the stylus underneath the pen clip. Now I have an alternate stylus holder and a convenient tether--total cost around $15. No loss of comfort or utility by my standards

waxfondler

had a pen scare not too long ago myself, but i now have a better sleeve... no more problems.

FUN FACT: Galaxy Note 2 stylus works with Surface Pro :)