What's new

Well, the party's over :-(

mitchellvii

The thrill of the new toy, anticipated for years is fading. I've learned what there is to learn, tweaked what there is to tweak and complained about what there is to complain about.

The thrill of new love is past and now I'm stuck with just this awesome hybrid wonder machine. Perhaps I can put it back in the package just once more for an unboxing, maybe with candles and music this time? Maybe I should drop $200 on the dock just to have a new Surfacy thing?

Oh well, time to settle down, buy a house and pop out a few Surface Mini's.

ctitanic

I still finding new things every day. But most of all I enjoy coming here to help and learn from others' experiences. The SP3 has became a way of making new friends, a topic for conversation. And all that joy will never go away.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

That's one thing Android tablets have going for them - there's always a new rom to flash, a new kernel to brick your device with, a new recovery to try out. With Windows all we get is updates. :)

Oh well, I'd still rather own this than an Android device any day. As much as I liked my Tab S, the SP3 is immensely more powerful and useful. I like having a tool and a toy all wrapped up in one - it's cool.

Hey, I can still buy a skin and a screen protector :) Has anyone tried out the Sticker Boy black ostrich skin? It looks kind of gray in the photos. Is it blacker than that in person?

mohcho

This post is funny. Did you get it on release day or did you buy it after that?

The "shiny new toy" feel hasn't worn off on me yet.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

This post is funny. Did you get it on release day or did you buy it after that?

The "shiny new toy" feel hasn't worn off on me yet.

Recently. I'm quickly bored with new technology. I usually spend a month deciding whether to buy something new, then a month reading any and everything about it, then settle down to basically just using the damned thing.

I still think it's the greatest tech I've ever owned, but I'm moving from the puppy love stage to more of a mature relationship. :)

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
One day, when you're traveling, or doing business, and in a pinch, the Surface Pro 3 will save the day for you. It did me. Your research and testing and partying means that you know what it can do, which will pay off.

Then you will feel like the honeymoon is still on.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Lol, even though this is a completely natural conversation for tech enthusiasts, talking about "relationships" with a piece of technology really does seem a bit weird. :)

mohcho

Lol, even though this is a completely natural conversation for tech enthusiasts, talking about "relationships" with a piece of technology really does seem a bit weird. :)

You need to watch this if you haven't already.

Stream-Arcade-Fires-Full-Score-for-Her-01.jpg