What's new

What Are Key Features Making You Buy a Pro?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Two more days. You can hold out... will power ;)

(assuming the announce pre-order 10 days in advance as with Surface RT)

johndango

I'm a cartoonist (by hobby) and I spend no less than 12 hours a week in Adobe Illustrator on my massive gaming laptop. I'm getting the Surface to permit me to work on cartoons anytime inspiration strikes- not just when my beast of a laptop is around.

starLog

So if it is on Wednesday 10 days before the 26th when will they ship and will it overnight or 2nd day.

Would it be easier to goto a MS store or Best Buy.
Just trying to decide how I can get it sooner.

J515OP

Super Moderator
So if it is on Wednesday 10 days before the 26th when will they ship and will it overnight or 2nd day.

Would it be easier to goto a MS store or Best Buy.
Just trying to decide how I can get it sooner.

Most likely it will ship for arrival on the release date. Because of the obvious logistics involved that could be extended a day or two should your particular package run into a delay. Most people reported on-time deliveries though. There is a good chance the retail partners won't have them for a day or two after release but who knows. If you happen to have a Microsoft store near you that would be the most certain way to get one on the available date.

Ashles

Two more days. You can hold out... will power ;)

(assuming the announce pre-order 10 days in advance as with Surface RT)

I've got a long business trip in mid-Feb - just as long as I have it for then (I'm in UK so hoping we get it at same time). :)

NëRÔ_MĀĐ

In order to buy surface Pro no matter how much its cost..., the specs that I would say I need on it would be:

a) 1920 by 1080 resolution
b) Dual-core 1.2 GHz Intel processor i3,i5,i7 (at least)
c) 4 or 8 GB Ram
d) Full version of Windows 8 or Windows 7 certainly
e) 1080p HD video recording, 720p HD front camera racording, 3 MP front camera, 8 MP Back camera (for back camera a nice menu with all standard setting and a little bit of extras )
f) Keep the ergonomic structure same with surface 1 (if added a little more extras on design wouldn't mind :)
g) 8 h battery at least
h) Wi-Fi, GPS
i) keyboard-cover the same with surface 1
j) Good technology applied on the touch screen

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS ;p

dlacaba

Full Win8
I bought an iPad for my wife and was thinking of getting an Android or similar for myself, but the Apps available for it are just toys and games. Any productivity apps for them just feel like workarounds. As a developer, I wasn't expecting much in the way of development but seeing as how I could run Visual Studio on this or any other web development apps is just icing on the cake.

Pen
The pen is also a big selling point for me. I was thinking of buying one of the older Win7 Tablets when a consultant came in and showed his off. His cost around $2K. So seeing as this one is about half the price it's almost a no brainer. The ability to write notes in OneNote or take screenshots of reports/apps in a meeting and immediately hand-write notes without printing first, etc. just seems so efficient. I'm mainly a business app developer, but have been getting into Web development so using the Pen to create website drafts will make things a lot easier.

Laptop functionality w/ Tablet Portability
Self explanatory I think.

magicrobots

I love the Surface RT, but there is so much missing that I'd really love. Specifically, the capabilities of my desktop PC.

Also, the RT just seems so slow after using windows 8 on a desktop. I ache for that kind of responsiveness.

cafutter

I was going to get the RT but it can't do VPN, which, as I have posted before it is a deal breaker. I am hoping the battery life is longer than 4 hours.

starLog

I was going to get the RT but it can't do VPN, which, as I have posted before it is a deal breaker. I am hoping the battery life is longer than 4 hours.

Same with me, I have a SSL vPN appliance at work, and the RT does not support the required downloads.