What's new

What games are you playing on your SP4?

3rdschulz

Hey guys, I just got an SP4 i5 4gb model. Its main purpose is for productivity and less fun things, but after searching the forum I noticed some of you are running full versions of PC games on your SP4's. Considering it has an integrated intel graphics chip with no dedicated graphics memory, I am curious...

So what games are you playing on your Surface Pro 4?

(please include quality settings; low, med, high, ultra - and your sp4 model would also be helpful)

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely nothing. My SP3 was great for a CS:GO tournament at a lan party though :)

OP
3rdschulz

3rdschulz

I haven't dare try anything other than recent classics. However, I downloaded steam and gave it a try. RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 runs fine in high quality so far (required some adjusting in the game settings for resolution) and Sim City 4 runs good so far in high. sp4 i5 4gb. Would love to hear with others are playing and how its performing on the surface.

nexxus86

I don't have a SP4 but I was impressed how many games run well on my SP2.
playing Fallout 3 on highest settings, Gears of War at highest settings (under 720p) without any lag.
Even Skyrim works well at medium to high settings.

I'm using my PS4 controller over bluetooth and emulate Xinput using DS4Windows.

We could say that the Surface Pro is basically a tablet with the power of an Xbox 360 in one small device.

auryon_blue

I just got a SP4 with the i5 and 8GB ram set up myself... also downloaded Steam. I'm curious as to what I can play considering I'd like to go back and play some older games that I missed on the Xbox 360 (Dead Space) and some favorites (BioShock 1 & 2, Left 4 Dead series), also things like The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Anyone else have any feedback on older titles that were previously on the Xbox 360?

nexxus86

most games that were on the 360 run well on the Surface Pro.
I tried Mass Effect, Gears of War on my Surface Pro 2 and they run well with high settings at 720p.
Even Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux are working playable with medium settings at 720p and these games are known to have high requirements.

eransays

I'm playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas fairly heavily modded and running at 1080p. Does pretty well. Also playing the Southpark RPG and mass effect.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Favorite game is: Who Crashed My Driver.
other notable games are:
I got them Bluescreen Blues,
Blackscreen is the new Display-Driver-Crash-Orange.
No I cant hear you now, wait while I reinstall the Audio Driver II.
Touchscreen stopped working again, Reloaded.
WiFi Disconnected n FUBAR III

;)

eransays

Favorite game is: Who Crashed My Driver.
other notable games are:
I got them Bluescreen Blues,
Blackscreen is the new Display-Driver-Crash-Orange.
No I cant hear you now, wait while I reinstall the Audio Driver II.
Touchscreen stopped working again, Reloaded.
WiFi Disconnected n FUBAR III

;)
Haha, man I feel like I'm the only person who has almost no issues. The only game I ever play in that genre is "Popping my keyboard on and off: the rarely malfunctioning trackpad"

Mig369

I tried a view Games with the SP4 i5:

Gothic2: doesn't Start

Knights Of The Old Republic: Plays well on max. Settings, sometimes there appears a Bug so I can't move anymore.

Book Of Unwritten Tales: Perfect for Stylus, only to save and quit the Game and for Showing Objects you will need a Keyboard. Max. Settings with full Screen Resolution.

BOUT - Critter Chronicles: Works also fine, but Stylus doesn't work.

X3: Very small Interface with 1080p, but runs smooth with Medium Settings. Stylus doesn't work.

Devine Divinity: Very Old Game, so no Performance Issues here. Only you need to set a very low Resolution of 800x600px. Good Game for Stylus, you have Buttons onscreen for everything you need.

Torchlight: Plays well with stylus, max Settings with full screen Resolution, no AA.