What's new

What is the easiest way to transfer/backup from one SP3 to another SP3?

bulls96

I've backed up and restored a couple of times already from file history already and worked well. Won't restore apps though.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
That partly depends on what you have and exactly what you want to transfer.

If you're switching from one device to the other and they both are working... Syncing via the same OneDrive account is pretty easy. Folders outside of documents pictures videos are excluded by default but you could move them under documents if you have the space.

Transferring locally via USB drive is another option... Robocopy is a native command that's available.

What's your scenario???

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Use OneDrive to store your data and Sync your settings and install as little legacy Win32 code as possible and you will be back up in less than 10 Minutes (+46 Updates that will add another 30 minutes)

OP
M

Mikewired

Thanks.. I have been on Macs for awhile and not following windows. I while be upgrading from i5 128 to i5 256 maybe i7 256 if its worth the jump?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks.. I have been on Macs for awhile and not following windows. I while be upgrading from i5 128 to i5 256 maybe i7 256 if its worth the jump?
Is this an exchange at a store where you need to backup first then Reset it or is your old device going to someone else after you moved everything over?

ctitanic

Use OneDrive to store your data and Sync your settings and install as little legacy Win32 code as possible and you will be back up in less than 10 Minutes (+46 Updates that will add another 30 minutes)
To me this is the way to go.