What's new

What is your average battery life on your SP3?

what is your avg sp3 battery life?

• Total voters

JesseDiaz

And what the report says (last line on it)?

So looks like my 6 hour vote was not correct

upload_2014-7-12_20-47-52.png

My battery isn't doing too well. And my fan comes on a lot. I keep looking at task manager to see what could be causing the issue but it gives me no indication. Everything looks normal.

upload_2014-7-13_9-56-24.png

jbowden

[quote from Panos] Up to 9 hours of browsing. I am thinking 6-7 of general use with brightness around 35% is fair. Maybe additional optimization might push it up a bit. It will be interesting to benchmark the i7 when it is out.

RottenMutt

design capacity 42157 mWh, fully charged capacity 44270 mWh.

it also takes my battery a while, more then 15 minutes, for my battery to start draining, is there a battery in the type cover 3? windows says 11 hour remaining battery life.

wynand32

A great app for monitoring battery life is Battery Bar Pro (don't let that fool you, there's a perfectly functional free version). Get it at http://batterybarpro.com/. It does a great job of estimating remaining battery life once you've used it for awhile (it seems to take some time to adjust to your usage patterns), and also accurately reports battery wear (I'm happy to note that mine is still at 0% wear, compared to the Dell XPS 12 that I tried that had 5% wear straight from the factory).

kristalsoldier

Running that battery report, I get 8:42 minutes as the average use time since the install of the OS, which pretty much matches my very unscientific observations. Not bad though for a device of the profile of the SP3.