• 16-30 mbps

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 45+ mbps

Votes: 23 65.7%

• Total voters

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I meant to add more ranges but I press something and it set it up the way it is. I couldn't find where I could edit it. I can't believe that people at home are able to find a service provider that can provide the speeds that I'm seeing in these tests.

ATT fastest is 45 mbps and that's only in a few trial places like Austin, Tx. I don't believe here in St. Louis that there is an ISP that can give you anywhere near 45 mbps. We don't have anywhere near those high speeds where I work and even at 30 mbps it is divided among about 100 user.

Are we sure that these tests aren't just measuring the connection speed of you Surface to your router. I know for damn sure there isn't a ISP in the world that can give you a gigabit download speed. What's up? Does anyone here remember dial up Internet?
Does Verizon offer FIOS in St Louie :) that's what I get and i believe the top end right now is 75/75 mbps.

A few short years back we only had 45 mbps for the whole company to the Internet (about 10k US users plus Internet application traffic, outside brokers and such). International units had their own pipes although all SE Asia traffic went to Singapore first, and Japan ran off a single T1 back to the US with custom hardware compression.​

kakit526

500Mbps ISP with wifi AC router

3968832416.png

olimjj

how does Optimum work? Are you just near a hotspot or do they give you some sort of device to connect in your house? I've always wondered how they operate and their website doesn't really tell you very much.
I have CableVision.
Optimun Online is their Internet Service. They offer various speed packages. I have the Ultra 101
They do provide a Cable modem. The WiFi router is your option. I have the Linksys 1900AC