What's new

What Led You to Surface (Past Tablet Use)

Ecnad

What tablets have you tried/owned, and why did you decide to get a surface?

I own and love my ipad for gaming and news/weather when away from my big box computer, but I don't see it as a business tool.

I had a Dell Streak, but didn't care for it, or Android. Maybe I was spoiled by the iOS App Store, but Android seems to allow anyone to submit just about anything, so I was going through pages of junk to find a useful app.

I had a Kindle Fire. Actually liked the size an design of it, and as an Amazon Prime member liked all the free content... but I just didn't end up using it.

I ordered a Surface to have Office access away from my PC and am hoping for a more TCB tablet than my ipad toy; though a few quality games would be nice.

cali

More than anything, I've just been spurred on by an uneasy need to get the latest. That is why I have to curb myself from just quickly spending money on a new device as soon as it is released.

OP
Ecnad

Ecnad

Yeah, the live tiles are interesting. Already on the lookout for a deal on a touchscreen for my PC to make use of the new features.

Chip

Had various Windows tablets for years. Jumped to iPads because of instant on (including on the network), long battery life. Being light was a bonus. Ordered a Surface because I really, REALLY missed OneNote.

tomvanhooydonk

Have used iPads and Android tablet. Was looking for a more versatile, mature (?) tablet. I believe the Windows Surface is the perfect mediator between work and play. The USB port, sd slot and integrated keyboard system make it a perfect way for me to work, share, connect and play. built in Microsoft Home and Student was what sold it for me.