What's new

Poll What would you do?

if you received your 3rd SP3 and still found defects would you bother with exchanging for the 4th ti

• Total voters

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm wondering where your getting these devices from??? Retail store??? Or the back of Fast Eddies truck???

OP
L

lbtaylor1984

Ok 3rd one has arrived from MS Surface Support i've looked over the unit and so far all the buttons work, the speakers work, the tactic response seems weak but whatever. I just need to check the screen for scratches if that is all clear we have a winner, for the second time support have supplied a NEW unit not a Refurbished one.

I can I just point out that i'm not looking for defects I'm looking for problem before a setup a 3rd Surface (takes 3 hours btw)

I shall let you guys/gurls the final outcome.

kozak79

I have a similar dilemma. I really love my SP3, but once I saw the yellow line mentioned on these forums, I can't unsee it. I asked for an advance exchange, but the new one has terrible light bleed:

IMG_1768.JPG

I'm trying to figure out if I should return this one too.

OP
L

lbtaylor1984

Well after using the SP3 for a few hours I've noticed I have a dead pixel, anyone know what MS is chance on a dead pixel? frankly I dunno whether this is worth a return, I'm conflicted as everthing else is ok....

OP
L

lbtaylor1984

Spoke to support again,

They have agreed to do another advanced exchange as they say this isn't acceptable, once the other surface ships back they will start the process and as a gesture of good will are supplying me with another charger and some spare pantips

Tbh while this is annoying the customer support has been great so far I just wish shipping was quicker

mohcho

Sorry to hear about your woes and your inability to find it in store. I am on my 2nd SP3 i5 and I returned the first one due to a malfunctioning touch screen and checked it out in the store before I left and have been perfectly happy with it.

OP
L

lbtaylor1984

Don't get me wrong the sp3 is a wonderful device I'm typing to you on it now, I'm not looking for issues but everyone so far has had a real issue unfortunately. I cannot accept scratches from production, nor can I ignore non-functioning buttons, the pixel is a minor jiggle but in general use I keep seeing it, if it wasn't the case and i never saw it without looking for it I wouldn't do a fourth exchange however it is visible in day to day use. Once I get one which everything works and the screen doesn't have annoying dead pixels ill be happy as Larry, this is a great device. side note my 2nd one I had heat issues, its only apparent now I have the 3rd it wasn't right

tuchas

I have a rule with ANY product, no matter who the manufacturer is. Simple - three strikes and you're OUT. If you have three defective units, what does that say about the manufacturer? I don't care if it's Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, whatever - three bad units and enough is enough. That's my opinion.

Knock on wood - so far, I haven't had problems with defective SP3s. I'm still on my original unit from June 20th, and other than the wifi/sleep problems that almost everyone has, the thing works. I did have a defective SP2, and the MS Retail Store swiped it out no questions asked.

OP
L

lbtaylor1984

Well I usually agree, but I love this thing if one more exchange gets me a perfect unit so be it, however anything else and I'll keep this one.