What's new

What's coming in Windows 8.1

tonyz3

if a baby is crying because they want that cookie on the counter and MS hands it a pacifier to shut it up. a start button which is not really the start button and an option for boot to DT that 10 other developers already offer some for a few $ and alot for FREE....your point is. As soon as they remove the pacifier the baby will start crying about something else. my point is if you dont like it WIN8 with its lack of choices from MS directly even though no one complains about getting a choice from an android or apple dev instead of directly from them... than you and them have a great big choice dont use it. they are not going to make everyone happy. And before you say this attitude or the WIN 8 is the reason for sales etc. IT is economy, and lack of apps and that it is. WIN eight has a lot of minor adj needed and they will continue to do so, but to constantly complain over and over in a neg tone is our points. PLEASE mods add a dislike button. That is a choice I wish we had. There is a way for you to make a point or disagree etc without being so negative.... that is all.

Russ

if you dont like it WIN8 with its lack of choices from MS directly even though no one complains about getting a choice from an android or apple dev instead of directly from them... than you and them have a great big choice dont use it.

Heh, heh. So, now we know how the little guy got his black eye.

:)

Russ

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

if a baby is crying because they want that cookie on the counter and MS hands it a pacifier to shut it up. a start button which is not really the start button and an option for boot to DT that 10 other developers already offer some for a few $ and alot for FREE....your point is. As soon as they remove the pacifier the baby will start crying about something else. my point is if you dont like it WIN8 with its lack of choices from MS directly even though no one complains about getting a choice from an android or apple dev instead of directly from them... than you and them have a great big choice dont use it. they are not going to make everyone happy. And before you say this attitude or the WIN 8 is the reason for sales etc. IT is economy, and lack of apps and that it is. WIN eight has a lot of minor adj needed and they will continue to do so, but to constantly complain over and over in a neg tone is our points. PLEASE mods add a dislike button. That is a choice I wish we had. There is a way for you to make a point or disagree etc without being so negative.... that is all.

You simply don't get it and nothing I say can change that. You continue to insist that the TRUTH is negative and that Microsoft is only changing Windows 8 to pacify crybabies. Microsoft would NOT be changing Windows 8.1 as much as they have unless there was a vast outcry. Your position that this is all just an attempt to silence a few malcontents is silly and illogical.

Name me a single well known and highly regarded technology blogger that loved Windows 8 and I'll show you 10 who hated it. What you fail to realize is that your sycophantic devotion to Windows 8 puts you in the minority, not the majority. You seem to think a consumer product can be successful by ignoring the consumer. I don't know what you do for a living but I can guess marketing isn't it.

Anyway, doesn't matter. Microsoft has clearly heard the message and so far it looks as if Windows 8.1 will be a vast improvement. Considering I am a firmly entrenched legacy user yay for that. We'll see. Microsoft always reserves the right to be arrogant and stupid.

** P.S., If you find me intolerable now, just wait till MS announces the Surface Pro II with an 11.6 inch screen and adjustable kickstand, lol.

Last edited:

tonyz3

You simply don't get it and nothing I say can change that. You continue to insist that the TRUTH is negative and that Microsoft is only changing Windows 8 to pacify crybabies. ** P.S., If you find me intolerable now, just wait till MS announces the Surface Pro II with an 11.6 inch screen and adjustable kickstand, lol.
I think most everyone on here thinks WIN 8 needs improvement. I have mentioned that a ton. i as well as the vast majority who answer your whining posts is to point out your DELIVERY. That is what puts you in the < 1yr old or baby category. NOT your content. As i mentioned to you a while ago with link MS is talking about a 11.6 inch version of the pro, but you will probably take credit for that idea also.:wink: I think the pacifier options they are implementing for perception of caring- if they really cared that much about your ridiculous Start button it would be the REAL start button. IT is MS version of a backhanded slap compliment to you.....

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I think most everyone on here thinks WIN 8 needs improvement. I have mentioned that a ton. i as well as the vast majority who answer your whining posts is to point out your DELIVERY. That is what puts you in the < 1yr old or baby category. NOT your content. As i mentioned to you a while ago with link MS is talking about a 11.6 inch version of the pro, but you will probably take credit for that idea also.:wink: I think the pacifier options they are implementing for perception of caring- if they really cared that much about your ridiculous Start button it would be the REAL start button. IT is MS version of a backhanded slap compliment to you.....

Tony you really need to learn to debate without calling people names. It makes you look silly. You are literally the only person in this Forum that refers to people as "whiners" and "babies", are you aware of that? J5 and I often disagree and that's all good, but he keeps it civil as a professional should.

As far as the 11.6" screen I have been talking about that with much derision in here since I arrived. Was not aware MS was discussing it but am glad to hear it and once again happy to be right.

Sorry you don't like my delivery. Don't care even a little :).

Sent from Boards for Windows on Windows 8

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Ok, i've given a warning to mitchellvii and tonyz3 for filling this thread with (usual) personal arguing/trolling. Next time you'll get a break from this forum. Get back to topic and useful posts. Don't waste our time. If you want to argue, write a daily pm.

@ all forum-users: We respect your positive or negative opinion about Surface/Windows 8, but we want to keep the discussions on a friendly and constructive basis. Please keep in mind that a constructive discussion/forum has nothing to do with arguing over the same thing over and over again. Help the other users, keep the forum clear and share ideas/views without getting to a personal level.
If you have complaints or ideas about improving the quality, please write the mods/admins of this forum. If a certain user annoys you, add him to the ignore list.

Now back to topic please.

Last edited:

pallentx

P.S., Have you noticed that Microsoft is addressing pretty much every issue I've been so "negative" about in Windows 8.1? Start Button, check. Boot to desktop, check. More user options, check. Better tutorials, check. You call it negative. Where I come from we call that being right.
Start menu, File-Edit-View menus, Metro Apps.... The start button is a gimmie that changes nothing about the UI. Same for booting to desktop - that literally saves you one click. And when you click that precious new Start button, guess where you end up? As TonyZ3 said, everyone here is fully aware and agrees that Windows 8 needs some tweaking and we all fully expect this and more to come and MS figures out how people use this completely new UI, where the pain points are, etc... I still say, the general philosophy and shift in focus is right on and I'm very happy to see that Windows 8 wasn't not simply trying to be a better Windows 7. What they are doing is risky, bold and exciting, but it wont be without growing pains. I can assure you, everyone at MS is also VERY well aware of that too. Do you think they were surprised that some people didn't like MS changing the UI drastically? The point now is how to appease the complainers with the most meaningless accommodations while continuing to push forward with improving and tweaking the Metro/Modern UI. PS - does anyone know why I cant make new paragraphs in IE10 on this forum's text editor?

DOS

I'm siding with Mitch, just because no one else is...

And we need an Adjustable Kick Stand, Microsoft! Get your head out of the USB Port and get it done!

My Prediction? I predict I will live forever... so far, so good. ;)

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I'm siding with Mitch, just because no one else is...

And we need an Adjustable Kick Stand, Microsoft! Get your head out of the USB Port and get it done!

My Prediction? I predict I will live forever... so far, so good. ;)

Lol.

Sent from Boards for Windows on Windows 8