What's new

What's your single biggest disappointment with the Surface Pro?

vinumsv

Hmm Here are few

1. Mouse Mode for the Pen
2. 1 more usb port maybe even usb 2
3. Lan Port
4. Missing a indicator / Msg to note that Cap Locks is enabled :disappointed:

Last edited:

Krooked

I would've liked removable batteries to deal with the 4-5 hour limit on each. At least for SP version 1; I'm certain the low battery time will be rectified in SP2.

CrippsCorner

Have to admit I find the issue of finding the Surface Pro too heavy interesting, it's a non-issue for me. I go from using an iPad at my girlfriend's house, to using my Surface Pro at home and obviously there is a difference, but I really don't 'feel' like there is one.

It speaks volumes that I'm sitting here trying to think of something that's really disappointed me. Off the top of my head I'd say that the touch gestures and on-screen keyboard are not quite as good as Apple's... but then again this is the first version, I'm sure it'll improve. Maybe I can think or something better (or rather, worse!) later.

It's really mostly when I'm sketching, I just wish it was a bit lighter. In truth I just pull the keyboard off now to do that and it's fine but I'd rather not have to.

With the stylus? I don't use it much for that, but when my girlfriend was doing some illustration she had it laid down on her lap.

tonyz3

Again..... The OP states your disappointment with SP not Win 8...save that for another thread.....:wink:

Ruffles

Mine is perfect in every way...except battery life. No matter what I try, I can't get more than 4 hours and that with a custom profile that kicks in on battery and drops the CPU to 75% and dims the screen etc. I'm so paranoid about battery that I've got 3 chargers - one at work, one at the home office, and one more for when I'm roaming around. If Haswell give the Surface Pro 2 anything above 7 hours real battery life, I'm buying it in a heart beat.

Angel

That I can't get it...MS online store did something odd and while their system says there's no order my bank paid them and MS said they'll contact me in 72 business hours so by the end of next week my money will be released so I can "repurchase from MS" I think I'm gonna look at other devices its already been 2 days and I would have had it by now if their system didn't mess up! I have a disability and needed the device for school now I'm screwed, in pain, and really upset.

kristalsoldier

That I can't get it...MS online store did something odd and while their system says there's no order my bank paid them and MS said they'll contact me in 72 business hours so by the end of next week my money will be released so I can "repurchase from MS" I think I'm gonna look at other devices its already been 2 days and I would have had it by now if their system didn't mess up! I have a disability and needed the device for school now I'm screwed, in pain, and really upset.

That's very strange! I am sure things will work out....but yeah...the waiting is painful!

Angel

I'm impatient especially when in pain and a lot of homework to do. But I'm also old fashioned and used to fixing things right away...this 72 hours crap is crap. My bank said that MS just had to say we don't have an order but they wouldn't event though they would say it over and over and over again but they would not tell my bank that so my bank would not release the funds so k could reorder but my bank said they will in 5 days kind of funny that that's when MS says they should be contacting me too...

r_europe

For me, it's the way the touchpad on the type-cover doesn't allow gestures for re-sizing what's on the screen the way my laptop does. Oh - and also the immense heat of the thing now we are summertime...