What's new

When is the next system update coming out?

WorldIRC

If you are using the version that came pre-installed with the Surface it is the Click 2 Run version and it uses Application Virtualization and this version uses a Streaming Update, so to force an update, open on of the products and click on the File Tab and select Account and there should be a button that says Update Now....

I uninstalled that version as it is 32bit and I need 64bit for my Data Models....

I uninstalled Office 365 that came pre-loaded and installed 64-bit Office 2013 Professional (from the Microsoft HUP program) and I haven't yet seen an update. Does this version also use Click 2 Run?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Unless you installed from a ISO it is most likely the Click 2 Run (.exe) if you look in the same spot as I referenced above do see the Update Now or Update? Click 2 Run update silently and in the background....

JesseDiaz

If you are using the version that came pre-installed with the Surface it is the Click 2 Run version and it uses Application Virtualization and this version uses a Streaming Update, so to force an update, open on of the products and click on the File Tab and select Account and there should be a button that says Update Now....

I uninstalled that version as it is 32bit and I need 64bit for my Data Models....

Well I purchased office 365 and you seem to be right...I went into Excel and clicked on FILE and then ACCOUNT and then UPDATE NOW...it seems to be downloading updates....Although I wonder why they decided to do it this way instead of one central place to get updates

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I guess the theory behind it is to install any and all updates in the background being seamless to the user, because the Click 2 Run version makes very little impact to the System Files (as it is run in a Virtualized Bubble) it is handled differently from the rest of the stack.