What's new

When to upgrade

I'm using a Surface RT, it has met all my needs, but I know nothing lasts forever. So, they recently upgraded the Surface Pro to 3, but there's been no indication that we can look for a Surface 3. Can we hope for that, or is Surface 2 going to be the end of this operating system.

I'll switch to the Pro, if I have to, but since the RT operating system meets my needs, I'd really rather not switch.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
We know that is potentially going to be a Surface Mini that shares the same digitizer as the Surface Pro 3, we are not sure when or if it will be released.

We also believe that Windows RT, Windows SST (x86 Windows for Small Screened Devices) and Windows Phone will be merged into a single SKU when the next version of Windows is released (Windows Threshold).

We expect to see many more devices then...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So, I don't have to get a Surface 2, before the opportunity goes away. There will be a next thing.
There is always a risk that plans will change, I personally bought the SP3 to replace both my SP2 and Surface 2 (my Surface 2 was my go to machine) and I love my SP3.