What's new

Solved Where did Paint go?

Arizona Willie

Today I wanted to save a screen clip and wanted to paste it into Paint?

Discovered THERE IS no Paint anymore.

Why the hell did they take that away?

They had already programmed it for 8.1 and shouldn't have been too difficult to port to W10.

Anyone know a decent Paint app?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You mean the one there in Windows Accessories
In Desktop Mode tap the start button then tap All Apps, then scroll, scroll, scroll (like it's 1999 on a phone) then tap Windows Accessories. Right there below Notepad.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I pointed it out that way because their are some other classics down there in the subbasement. :) Windows Administrative Tools, Windows System, and Powershell. Curiously some traditionally in Accessories are in System.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
... Discovered THERE IS no Paint anymore.
Why the hell did they take that away?

@Arizona Willie
Your 'Discovery' is incorrect. Seems you did not even search for it. Search is a good way to discover things. Doesn't take much time. I think you told this forum, 'I've got nothing but time.' :)

Paint is still here. I use it to mark up screen shots. There are some great drawing programs and apps out there, but I still like Paint.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Screenshot (154).png

malberttoo

Paint is still my go-to for marking up screen-shots, cropping images, and a couple other things. Very quick and handy, nothing I've found like it.

OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

Actually I < DID > search for it. I went to the Metro / Start screen ( wish to hell they would settle on a name ) and typed Paint in the text box in the bottom left and it brings up a bunch of kiddie apps etc. but did not bring up the old Paint program like in 8.1

I am going searching for it now according to the above instructions.

I am glad to be told I am wrong.

But, still, why they hell did they hide it so you need a digital bloodhound to find it?
And searching did not bring it up for me.

Or, if it did, I somehow didn't recognize it.

I know I'm wonderful :) but I regrettably have to admit to the occasional error. I do have two ex-wives which proves I'm not always right :(

===============
@Arizona Willie
Your 'Discovery' is incorrect. Seems you did not even search for it. Search is a good way to discover things. Doesn't take much time. I think you told this forum, 'I've got nothing but time.' :)

Paint is still here. I use it to mark up screen shots. There are some great drawing programs and apps out there, but I still like Paint.

OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

Yes I have Art Rage on both this desktop and my Surface Pro I. There is also an Art Rage app but since I have the entire program I see no need to use an app.

I sometimes prefer to use Paint because it is faster and simpler especially for posting screen shots.
=============

@Arizona Willie