What's new

Where do you keep your pen?

Kif

My pen loop is a total failure. It's a little too small which makes it very difficult to slide the pen into and out of it. So when I try to insert my pen into it the whole loop pulls off the cover. WPcentral mentions clipping the pen into the small gap on the fold of the type cover. It's nice and secure there but I wonder if there's a slight chance it could scratch the screen. So where do you keep your pen?

http://www.wpcentral.com/6-ways-attach-surface-pen-surface-pro-3

ipaq_101

My pen loop is a total failure. It's a little too small which makes it very difficult to slide the pen into and out of it. So when I try to insert my pen into it the whole loop pulls off the cover. WPcentral mentions clipping the pen into the small gap on the fold of the type cover. It's nice and secure there but I wonder if there's a slight chance it could scratch the screen. So where do you keep your pen?

http://www.wpcentral.com/6-ways-attach-surface-pen-surface-pro-3

I agree, why couldn't they make the pen like the SP2 with a magnetic holder?

I tried #1, but I think in the long term it might end up wearing out the cover flap, I can already see the material bending. Also have to take it out if you want to use the keyboard magnet.

I am considering buying the $8 magnet someone mentioned and trying that out.

MS is also selling replacement loops for $5:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Surface-Pen-Loop/productID.305417600

Last edited:

cdf3

I placed the pen on the magnetic connector on my Surface Pro 2, but I would remove it when I was walking around with it. I had my pen brush up against me a few times and fell off. I enjoy using the pen loop on the Surface Pro 3. I can still attach it magnetically to the side while in use, then place it in the pen loop when done. It also seems pretty secure while walking around with it.

The pen loop was rather tight at first while taking the pen in and out. The more I use it, the more it loosens up, allowing me to take it in and out easily..... Well, that's what she said.

RonsSurface3

it comes with a stick-on holder thats supposed to be put on the keyboard cover, but i think it works better attached to the Sp3, the holder is supplied with the keyboard cover and not with the computer

jamjam

Not sure if you guys are aware but the pen for SP3 is magnetic. You can place it over the power connector where it will attach. However, its not as sturdy as I want it to be as I found it has fallen off a few times. Also, will not work if you are charging your surface.

What do you guys think?

OP
Kif

Kif

Not sure if you guys are aware but the pen for SP3 is magnetic. You can place it over the power connector where it will attach. However, its not as sturdy as I want it to be as I found it has fallen off a few times. Also, will not work if you are charging your surface.

What do you guys think?

I think you have it backwards. The power connector slot is magnetic. It holds the power plug into the machine.

jamjam

I think you have it backwards. The power connector slot is magnetic. It holds the power plug into the machine.
Yes, that is true! I guess I just use it to hold my pen as well. It was just handy and convenient for me to grab it with my right hand quickly if i'm typing

jedge

I put mine on the top of Sp3 about 3 inches from the power button, works great there for me.

Same here. Great place because when you're using the SP3 as a tablet in portrait (like when writing on a notebook) the pen in at the top right, and kind snugs in nicely to the beveled space between the SP3 and the folded back type cover.

Still, the loop glue is getting weaker. Will probably have to put more adhesive on it.

I read that the magnet turned out to mostly be a bust. Even if the magnet itself isn't annoying when you hold it, there are only a couple spots on the SP3 that it will attach to.