What's new

Where is the firmware update for Dial for Surface Book/Pro? Lied to?

It was blatantly stated the original Surface Book and Pro 4 would get a firmware update to make the dial work on-screen on those devices. I'm huge Surface fan and got a Dial, only to have to scour the internet for dead-ends about the topic.

What happened? When questioned on Twitter, the Microsoft or Surface accts never answer. I smell a classic bait and switch going on here. :\

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It was blatantly stated the original Surface Book and Pro 4 would get a firmware update to make the dial work on-screen on those devices. I'm huge Surface fan and got a Dial, only to have to scour the internet for dead-ends about the topic.

What happened? When questioned on Twitter, the Microsoft or Surface accts never answer. I smell a classic bait and switch going on here. :\
I want to make sure you are aware that this is not an official Microsoft Community. We are an enthusiast community. With that out of the way. I know all of the Tech Blogs said it was coming and it was the plan originally but I've have seen anything. The Official Support Page states -

upload_2017-12-28_6-44-56.png

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4036279

I use a dial - I've used as a side accessory with the original Surface Book and even though it supported on-screen usage with my Surface Pro and Surface Book 2 I found the screen too small to work well and continued to use it on the side.