What's new

Where is the Win10 driver package?

TheNoShow

Hi all,

A few months ago I downloaded the equivalent of this but for Win10, "SurfacePro3_Win8x_151026_0.msi" from microsoft's download site.

But now I can't locate these drivers, only the Win8 driver package is listed.

Can someone please help me out? I'm trying to install the Win10 package on a fresh install of Win10.

Thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Gee, I wish I would have thought of that... oh I did, that's why I wrote the Win10 driver package isn't located there...only win8 is.
Did you click on details and read the description? Apparently not....

Quote - These drivers and firmware are compatible with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, including Enterprise versions. The driver MSI and ZIP files include all of the drivers and firmware needed to deploy custom images of Windows on your Surface devices. For convenience, the Ethernet dongle drivers are included as separate packages, but are also included in the ZIP and MSI.

Nicola

Did you click on details and read the description? Apparently not....

Quote - These drivers and firmware are compatible with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, including Enterprise versions. The driver MSI and ZIP files include all of the drivers and firmware needed to deploy custom images of Windows on your Surface devices. For convenience, the Ethernet dongle drivers are included as separate packages, but are also included in the ZIP and MSI.
Not entirely true...
Untitled.png

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Since the update MSI is dated for October 26, 2015 it is not been updated for TH2 which is your build. Remember this download pack isn't designed for consumers, but for Enterprise IT to build images. The MSI should work for 10240.

They will post later packs that will be compatible with TH2. In the meantime you can use the Zipped version.

Nicola

Since the update MSI is dated for October 26, 2015 it is not been updated for TH2 which is your build. Remember this download pack isn't designed for consumers, but for Enterprise IT to build images. The MSI should work for 10240.

They will post later packs that will be compatible with TH2. In the meantime you can use the Zipped version.
As far as I know, Win 10 is 10.0.10240, not 6.3, so it's not meant for Win 10 at all