What's new

Solved Where's the promised Pen Control Panel?

cemian

kinda disappointed there isnt more customization available in this surface hub for the top button..only can assign it to open one note mui or desktop

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried sending comments but weirdly every time I type in the box the "Send" button disappears so I can't send the feedback.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Weirdly as soon as I untick "microsoft can contact me" the send button comes back... even if I put a valid email address in the box I don't get a send button.

The Surface app finally allows pen button customizations.
It does, however 2 things. There is a workaround that involves removing the SP3 pen drivers and manually installing the SP4 ones and then the button customizations show up.

Second thing, they have pulled the surface app from the store as of this morning. I was able to download it last night but it is gone from the store this morning. I would suspect it was because it was not showing button customization for the S3/SP3 without the workaround which was no doubt a bug. Here is hoping it comes back soon.

It did allow you to select any app to launch with one click, 2 click or click and hold. It also allowed click and hold customizations, like opening a Cortana written todo instead of opening Cortana voice. That was probably the most useful piece for me. When setting the desktop OneNote as what opens with 1 press, it will open it but will not open a new page when clicking again with it open. Additionally from sleep it will open the Appstore version of it still so in my opinion, the autohotkey stuff people have been posting is miles better.