What's new

Poll Which internet browser do you use?

Which internet browser do you use?

• Total voters

spinachpie

I'm interested to see which browser you all use when on the net.

I flip between IE metro and Chrome quite regularly.

I use IE Metro when I have no keyboard attached or when I know I just need to search something quickly, find an image etc. The problem with IE Metro is that you can't do as much it, as with a regular desktop browser - tabs are not directly visible, favourites bar is not visible etc.

I use Chrome for everything else (in default 150% view mode) and it suits me, but again, there are problems with switching between tabs easily, closing tabs, the menus being quite small etc. It's obviously not touch friendly.

Any tips? What do you all use?

Donald King

I am in Chrome exclusively. No other browsers loaded and I don't use IE. I like Chrome because it has some touch features like swiping to go back a page. Also it syncs settings to my other computer and my Moto X so I always have my favorites and other settings at hand.

Grumpy2

I use IE MUI and desktop exclusively. Will not use Chrome as I am not a Google fan. Or a fan of the fruity variety either.

Daniel Kim

I usually stick to IE Desktop; however, as a side question, does the IE metro yield better battery saving than the IE Desktop? For me, I think battery conservation is the most important factor for choosing a default web browser, and that's why I'm not using Chrome for its battery-draining aspect. Otherwise, I use chrome all the time on any given desktop pc.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I usually stick to IE Desktop; however, as a side question, does the IE metro yield better battery saving than the IE Desktop? For me, I think battery conservation is the most important factor for choosing a default web browser, and that's why I'm not using Chrome for its battery-draining aspect. Otherwise, I use chrome all the time on any given desktop pc.
MUI Apps in general and MUI IE specifically are much better at conserving battery life....

My default browser the past 6 years has been Firefox (for its sheer variety of add-ons and fast speed, and before that it was Opera for the same reason. Since getting my surface pro 3, now I only use Google Chrome exclusively, (for its seamless "OK Google" voice search, and many useful add-ons).

I never use Internet Explorer for one reason, and one reason only. .. the major lack of add-ons. I hate doing repetitive and time consuming tasks in IE, and also the huge lack of "Themes", which is very important to me as well.

But to me it comes down to add-ons, as they make my browsing experience so much better. My favorite and most useful add-on being "Sexy undo closed tabs"

mohcho

I use Chrome 99.9% of the time. I only use IE desktop for application sites that don't load properly in Chrome. No issues at all.