What's new

Poll Which internet browser do you use?

Which internet browser do you use?

• Total voters

Kris

I primarily use Firefox for it's extensions. Huge Chrome fan, I find it to run the smoothest of all browsers that I have tried on the SP3, but it drains the battery too fast so I will leave that for my desktop... Hate everything about IE, just about there with most metro apps too.

Nys299

I use Chrome for desktop exclusively. I would use IE Modern more often when in tablet mode if MS did not make the stupid decision to disable the Modern version of IE simply because IE is not the default browser.

Maximus3D

If you are running Google Chrome Canary version on your Surface Pro then there is a Metro mode you can switch to, it makes it quite a bit nicer to work with.

/ Magnus

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Surface Pro is a Chrome Free Zone. I run Chrome on my Mac because Safari is trash and security updates are only released during the blue moon. I also have it on one PC for a specific function otherwise Chrome is for Trailer Hitches and Truck bumpers. I prefer not to sign on to the Google exploit-o-sphere of personal information collection. Beware, this will end badly amid vociferous denials of culpability.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use metro IE for general surfing and Firefox when I need features that IE doesn't support. For a python coding course I'm doing online I need to use a website that runs a coding environment and it just doesnt' work in IE because it doesn't support the latest web technology.

On my desktop PC I always use Chrome and at work I always use Chrome too as I use some sites on our intranet which also don't work on IE. MS should get it's act together and get IE working with the latest web tech!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use metro IE for general surfing and Firefox when I need features that IE doesn't support. For a python coding course I'm doing online I need to use a website that runs a coding environment and it just doesnt' work in IE because it doesn't support the latest web technology.

On my desktop PC I always use Chrome and at work I always use Chrome too as I use some sites on our intranet which also don't work on IE. MS should get it's act together and get IE working with the latest web tech!
Actually IE is very well up on the Standards, although there was a time when it had fallen behind those days are past. Vendors though are always introducing *new* ways of dong things, mostly to their advantage not the advancement of standards.

Sites that implement *new* features using proprietary or non-standard methods casually, do a great disservice to anyone that visits their site. There are legitimate needs at times to use non-standard methods without compatible alternatives that support any browser however those are the exception. Bottom line, most web site issues of incompatibility are caused by unprofessionalism and arrogance of the developers with total disregard for anyone who does not follow them like the pied piper into oblivion.

Last edited:
B

B'midbar

Waterfox (64-bit Firefox) 95% of the time, Chrome 3% of the time, Desktop Explorer 2% of the time.

compnovo

IE Metro exclusively when in tablet mode, and IE Desktop occasionally when in desktop mode (so that I don't have to switch back and forth between UIs).