What's new

Who here uses a Windows Phone

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hold the Volume Rocker Down and press the Power Button... this is a soft reset....
No good, neither was hard reset.... I suspected as much as it didn't look like a software thing... :-(
Not looking good....
:(
2014-09-16 20.09.57.jpg

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh dear, from what I see, not a common thing with Nokia phones, but not a great impression 3 weeks into use!!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've had my 1520 for almost a year with no issues, I've even dropped it on concrete....

InspectHerGadget

I have the Nokia Lumia 1520 32G. It replaced my iPhone 5 back in July.

I really love it. I use it for work and the big screen is BIG and AWESOME.

The tile interface with each of four email accounts setup in live.com each have their own tile and operate as IMAP even where my ISP only does POP. It is very handy.

I use a belt case for the 1520. I have used belt cases for phones for some years now and so the bigger phone really has not had any adverse impact on carrying or using a mobile phone.

It has been a very good experience for me and a step up from an iPhone in the level of usefulness.

SurJohnny

I have a Lumia 820 running the Cyan update and I'm very happy with it. Just hope that it will also get major updates in the future.
Interesting stats here which show a 10% share of WP in 2017 (and a decreased Android share).

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got my Nokia 635 back a week after it was picked up for repair by Nokia, so that was good, I went back to using it rather than my Nexus.

Apart from a few annoyances with a absolutely diabolical facebook App for windows I decided I liked it well enough to order a shiny new Nokia Lumia 930 (similar to Icon in the US but not carrier specific). It's been delivered to my home this morning... can't wait to play!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I got my Nokia 635 back a week after it was picked up for repair by Nokia, so that was good, I went back to using it rather than my Nexus.

Apart from a few annoyances with a absolutely diabolical facebook App for windows I decided I liked it well enough to order a shiny new Nokia Lumia 930 (similar to Icon in the US but not carrier specific). It's been delivered to my home this morning... can't wait to play!
Were you running the Stock or Beta Facebook App? The Beta gets updated more and works really well, it has the same look and feel of the iOS and Android ones...

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Were you running the Stock or Beta Facebook App? The Beta gets updated more and works really well, it has the same look and feel of the iOS and Android ones...

Good point, it will be stock as it was built onto the phone ... I'll look for the beta. I didn't think to look - I do have a beta of the Pinterest app and that seems quite good.

It was most annoying on the stock FB app - can't see images in comments, you get notifications that someone's commented on a photo album but can't see the comment etc etc etc.

How long before the beta becomes the real thing??