Whoa. New "Surface Book" just shown

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Book' started by scauffiel, Oct 6, 2015.

1. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps on the theory that a three year old device may be a candidate for an upgrade while a newer model owner isn't' likely in the market anyway.

Only the rich and famous upgrade their cars and computers *every* year. :)

2. vsherry

vsherry Member

I think they did it to mislead people and create a wow factor, much as companies do when they exaggerate battery life. Just sayin'. ;)

3. EMINENT

EMINENT Active Member

My Device:
    SPro4

What? Stick out? The stand like the SP3 would be folded flat.

4. FBI Informant

FBI Informant New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I can't find the article you're referencing, and I'm having a hard time believing that Panos would be stupid enough to do such a thing. Can you please post a link to the article (or any article) that claims the comparison was to a 2012 MacBook Pro?

BTW, I did find an article on 9to5Mac that did not itself suggest this was a 2012 MBP, but in the comments to the article, there was one uninformed Apple fanboy who made this claim in his comments. Perhaps that is what you are referring to? If so, I'm not sure I would put too much stock in some anonymous fanboy's uninformed speculation.

5. FBI Informant

FBI Informant New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Looking further, I don't think Panos was comparing to a 2012 model. I suspect he was comparing the $1899 i5 SB with dGPU to the similarly-priced, similar form-factor $1799 13" MacBook Pro, which has a 2.9 GHz i5. I suspect that, for some applications, having the dGPU and a next-generation i5 would, in fact, give you double the horsepower. We'll see what the benchmarks say, but I would be surprised if adding a discrete GPU doesn't give you double the horsepower for many applications.