What's new

Poll Who's experiencing white flashes during startup/restart?

Do white flashes occur on your SP3 during startps/restarts?

• Total voters

jonypx09

I see one white flash prior to the boot screen and one after, a total of two.

Here are the specs of my SP3:
-Intel Core i5-4300U with 4GB RAM
-128GB SSD (Samsung PM851)
-8GB SanDisk SDHC Card installed
-Currently on the latest firmware (June 23)
-Owned it since February 2015; my first unit was purchased on September 2014, replaced by a brand new one due to rough patches on screen

Those who have the Hynix (HFS128G3AMNB-2200A) ssd, are you experiencing it as well? I know it doesn't affect the functionality of the SP3, but for me, it's annoying because I usually restart my SP3 every few days to refresh the system.

ScottyS

I kinds figures everyone has flashes after the May 19 firmware update. I get clicks from the speakers too.

I like to know if the one person who voted no flashes has installed the May 19 firmware update.

Johnny365

I voted no and I have the newest June update. There is a TINY, TIIIIIINY white flash at startup, but it's barely noticeable and you'd have to be looking for it. I'm not even sure I saw it, that's how minuscule it is.

OP
J

jonypx09

I could be an issue with the current graphics driver; I may install the latest one from Intel's Download site to see if it fixes the issue...

kundas1

why are you harping on a white flash on a boot up? it has zero effects on you! what is the big deal?

malberttoo

why are you harping on a white flash on a boot up? it has zero effects on you! what is the big deal?

Like most unexplained issues on this forum, and with this crowd which generally being on the bleeding edge... it is the desire to understand an issue that comes out of nowhere, doesn't have an obvious explanation, and the most annoying... goes FLASH FLASH every time you start your machine.

Those little issues that must be conquered.... :cool: