What's new

Who's getting a Surface 3 on Tuesday?

mtalinm

I am, but easy for me because my work pays for technology. even so, I am intrigued by a smaller/lighter machine which will be better suited to note-taking with a pen. I actually preferred Surface Pro 2 with pen b/c SP3 is a bit large/unwieldy. also, I'll be much likelier to take S3 with me everywhere thanks to ergonomics + micro USB charger. Of course I don't think it'll be fast enough to do the sort of number-crunching I need to, but we'll see.

Anyone else taking the plunge?

OP
M

mtalinm

this was intended for SP3 owners who are *also* getting an S3. kindly return, or delete the thread entirely.

I'm not getting one on Tuesday. I'm going to wait a few weeks and hear some real world reviews from the people here. How you like yours, mtalinm, will be interesting, as you already don't think it will be up to the number crunching you often do.

I want one, I think it will be my next device. But I don't like to be the first to jump in. I will keep my Surface RT keyboard at first though. While I think the Surface itself is fairly reasonably priced (of course they could do better) I'm convinced that the type covers cost at least three times what they should.

Last edited:

tgienger

Costco will have it and is throwing in a keyboard + pen for $100. Killer deal

If you can get the student discount from MS the 599 surface w/ any color pen and any color type cover is $701. Your basically getting the same deal, but with color choices. Just in case someone wants to know.

irogos

If you can get the student discount from MS the 599 surface w/ any color pen and any color type cover is $701. Your basically getting the same deal, but with color choices. Just in case someone wants to know.

The benefit to costco is you get a 90 day return period. You are right though that you get to choose your colors for type pad and pen. So theres a trade off.

Additionally, for those not wanting to buy the protection plan from Microsoft that increases warranty to 2 years, Costco increases the warranty on computers to 2 years for free, but it doesn't cover accident protection.