What's new

Who's getting a Surface 3 on Tuesday?

irogos

Just picked up a 128gb surface 3 at best buy with pen and keyboard. I got them to do 10% off everything student discount

irogos

Awesome deal! Did you just ask for the student discount or did you have to "sign up" for it

The employee at best buy tried to talk me into using the Best Buy education discount which was $50 off the $599 tablet and nothing else. I had to argue with him that Best Buy will price match any competitor and he asked the manager and they agreed to price match the education discount from Microsoft, which is 10% or $59.99 off the tablet and then $13 off the keyboard and $5 off the pen.

Boblette

Good going irogos, but what did BB charge you for tax? I went with the Microsoft Online store and was just charged 5.6 % tax, where as Best Buy was charging 9.5%!

Oh, and the S3 and cover are sitting on my patio delivered 20 min ago by UPS!

pyxus

Good going irogos, but what did BB charge you for tax? I went with the Microsoft Online store and was just charged 5.6 % tax, where as Best Buy was charging 9.5%!

What's your address again? [emoji57] [emoji12]

irogos

You definitely saved a little compared to me. I went the best buy route because the Microsoft salespeople told me that the Surface 3 wouldn't ship until today and that I would have to wait 3 to 5 more business days. I was like no thanks, ill get it on launch day.

For tax I paid around 9% considering i purchased it in Memphis.

VickiFL

I ordered one with LTE and it will be here tomorrow. I already have an SP3, so I know it will be a little slower.