What's new

Who's getting one?

kwright

10 is behind 8.1 in my hands on a Surface. If the OS tines up or the option for 8.1 on a larger screen, faster hybrid is available I'll get some.

i will be sticking with the 3 , i get tech use it till its nearly dead or breaks , think my next surface will be the 5 possibly six , still love my surface does everything i need it to do and touch wood , have had no problems with it as yet , windows 10 runs loverly on it too

kundas1

like another poster mentioned, I will wait till I can see what the full specs is before I commit to buying the SP4... if it is like some sites has mentioned then I will def be getting one!

dleuen

I'm going to say no right now. But I have absolutely no willpower when I see a shinny new thing at the store. I would hope the new SP4 is thinner and lighter and fanless would be wonderful too.

Nuspieds

You can definitely count me in!

I purposely skipped the 3, so I still have just the 2; therefore, it is now time to get the latest model. ;)

Since I'll be skipping a generation, I'll definitely notice the differences, regardless of its specs. However, I can only hope and pray that I am not disappointed regarding my expectations of specs.

One recent addition to my list of "must-haves:" Windows Hello. Please, please, please let it be there! :)

dajogejr

If the SP4 works with the type cover AND dock of the SP3, I'll preorder with my supplier.
I can hand mine down to a coworker, it's still a great device. Or, I can load W10 on my 3 and use it to test.
The Dock is a big deal to me for daily use.

glx

I'm planing to get one :). Currently I'm working with a SP1 and I'd like to upgrade it. I nearly bought an SP3 but then I read that there will be the SP4 soon, so I decided to wait until there are some specs. If the specs are nice enough I'll take the SP4, if not I'll buy a (then hopefully cheaper) SP3 :).
I hope the 512GB SP4 is affordable..

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Actually MS bought N-Trig :)

I searched for this, to make sure I got the wording right. The results I get are:
  • Microsoft acquires Surface Pen technology from N-trig (The Verge)
  • Microsoft Acquires Surface 3 Pen Tech From N-trig (TechCrunch)
  • Microsoft buys N-trig's digital pen technology for Surface (CNet)
  • Microsoft Acquires Pen Technology From N-Trig Ltd (AnandTech)
Even Microsoft's own blog says, "Today we are excited to have acquired advanced digital pen technology from N-trig Ltd"

Do you have a source relating to them buying the whole company?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I searched for this, to make sure I got the wording right. The results I get are:
  • Microsoft acquires Surface Pen technology from N-trig (The Verge)
  • Microsoft Acquires Surface 3 Pen Tech From N-trig (TechCrunch)
  • Microsoft buys N-trig's digital pen technology for Surface (CNet)
  • Microsoft Acquires Pen Technology From N-Trig Ltd (AnandTech)
Even Microsoft's own blog says, "Today we are excited to have acquired advanced digital pen technology from N-trig Ltd"

Do you have a source relating to them buying the whole company?
My conversation with Panos and Ralf, all of N-Trig's 200+ employees are now employed by Microsoft under Panos' Hardware Team.