What's new

Who's the guy with the new i5/256GB? This guy!

cmergel

Long time SP1 owner now making the jump up to the SP3. I have used the SP1 as my primary work device now for about a year. Using it in conjunction with a Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock at work and home powering multiple monitors, Ethernet, etc.

Spent the day getting it setup at work and now finally getting a chance to play around with it at home.

First impressions.
Fantastic Build!
Thin!
Size is a dream!
Love the Stylus (N-trig, go figure)
Loving the size of the keyboard and touchpad.
Kickstand! Yeah, that is what I am talking about.
Not one gripe at the moment! :)

I was very hesitant to move to a N-trig device. I still have a real bad taste in my mouth from the HP Slate 500 fiasco. I told myself not ever again, I think I even blogged that. Ooops. Don't tell anyone, but I might be converted. Anyway, I am very impressed! Still playing around with the hand writing, but over all very impressed.

Glad to be part of the club. Now I need to get caught up on the SP3 threads.

Fast-T

I was in the same boat with the N-Trig. Using a Vaio Duo 11 I was not impressed at all.
Tried the SP3 at Best Buy a few month ago and went out with a i5 4GB - love it.

Gongrats - you won't regret the choice.

Gary.M

I admit I was hesitant coming to ntrig after using the Wacom on my SP1 but to be honest I much prefer this: it is so much more accurate - especially after the abysmal tracking around the edges of the screen with the surface pro 1 - and I actually feel as though I have more control over the pen pressure.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
IDK, it would seem some of this may have to do with they way they built the screen though... with more sensors in the screen...