What's new

Why can't I resume a PDF where I left off from before?

Like the title states, whenever I open a PDF (through OneDrive), it doesn't open up to the page where I last left off. Instead, it ends up on the page I was say, I don't know, a couple days before. This is only after I restart, or shut down/start up, my sp3 (or maybe just after a prolonged period of time).
However, if I exit the PDF then immediately restart it again, I do end up resuming where I left off.

Why is there such an inconsistency and how can I fix this?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
MUI or Desktop? I use the Drawboard PDF and the Default Reader and both allow me to pick up where I left off....

B

B'midbar

MUI or Desktop? I use the Drawboard PDF and the Default Reader and both allow me to pick up where I left off....

For multiple .PDFs? Trying the default reader for this now across multiple .PDFs.

OP
M

Modification

Not sure. I just open it via one drive. I don't even know if there is an mui version (or desktop) of Adobe Reader to be honest.

I suppose I'll just have to use stock pdf reader. Drawboard would be cool if it was free.

bluegrass

Is Drawboard expensive now. Most software is about the cost of having a meal at McDonnell's. I thought I got mine free. I'll go back and check.

B

B'midbar

Not sure. I just open it via one drive. I don't even know if there is an mui version (or desktop) of Adobe Reader to be honest.

I suppose I'll just have to use stock pdf reader. Drawboard would be cool if it was free.

Just tested it per my own question above. Yes, Reader does it. Very cool. Now when I'm just reading a .PDF eBook, as opposed to annotating it, I'll use Reader.

Liam2349

Drawboard allows me to pick up where I left off... until it crashes when I open a PDF and then they all close.

kristalsoldier

If I am not mistaken, at one point Drawboard was available at a discount. I have not yet had draw board crash on me. But to be honest, I don't like Drawboard. I mean it is OK and better than most other Windows (touch-based) PDF apps, but this is probably the only place where I would say that both iOS and Android have better - much better - options.

Liam2349

If I am not mistaken, at one point Drawboard was available at a discount. I have not yet had draw board crash on me. But to be honest, I don't like Drawboard. I mean it is OK and better than most other Windows (touch-based) PDF apps, but this is probably the only place where I would say that both iOS and Android have better - much better - options.

I got it on that discount.

I like to have 10 or more PDFs open. Notes from different lectures and homework sheets, stuff I'm working through, and it crashes pretty much daily.

What would you say is the better Android version of a PDF annotator?