Why Did You Buy Your Surface Pro and How Do You Use It?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro' started by mitchellvii, Apr 4, 2013.

1. faisdogg

faisdogg New Member

Nice I got a 128 gig Pro, but can you buy me a $99 RT? :)

2. revmike

revmike Active Member

Any openings at your job:)

3. Ricolando

Ricolando New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    LOL. No we were only allowed to buy one of each and we had to used a coupon code from MS tied to our company. Apparently it was a one day deal because most of my coworkers weren't able to buy the next day. I was in the market for a Surface so I didn't hesitate as soon as my boss sent us the email!

4. CribDesigner

CribDesigner New Member

I use SoftPlan, which is a CAD program for residential design. I had owned an iPad, but found it to be mostly a toy (except for Square Register or similar programs). With the Pro, I now don't have to lug a laptop to the site to make changes and notes directly on my drawings. I had an older external USB DVD Rom drive that, to my delight, worked flawlessly with the Surface Pro and allowed me to load any software that I run on my desktop. I've even upgraded to the preview 8.1 which just made it more intuitive and improved the overall workings of the Pro. I'm looking forward to the integration of the Windows ecosystem into the three basic platforms (phone, tablet, and desktop). I'm sure there'll be growing pains as Microsoft makes this transition, but it will be worth it in the long run.

1 person likes this.
  5. faisdogg

faisdogg New Member

You can install bluestack software and run square register via Android app

6. bangsters

bangsters Member

bought my SP to replace my asus zenbook and sony AIO. Right now I do all my work with this bad boy, from managing my datacenter to doing coding, occasional photoshop and illustrator, etc. This is one fine built tablet/PC.

I haven't tried it on games though, as I really don't play any games, but I think it'll do just fine. Was thinking of testing it with starcraft 2 but I just couldn't get any free time lol...

7. machistmo

machistmo Active Member

My Device:
    Other
    You were in the minority on this issue and hence Windows 8.1. You may be the only person on the PLANET EARTH that thinks that "Microsoft did a remarkable job implementing the Desktop personality into Windows 8."

8. Nuspieds

Nuspieds Active Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    No, I don't think so at all.

I repeat: I upgraded and no one could tell that I was using Windows 8 except if they noticed there was a Start button missing. Apart from that, all my apps looked and functioned the exact same as they did in Windows 7. Yes, remarkable.

mwsvette likes this.
  9. machistmo

machistmo Active Member

My Device:
    Other
    We will then agree to disagree. The vast majority of users complained about the Windows 8 interface. They did so SO loudly, that Microsoft acted in direct response to these complaints. Hell they even put the start button back, something they said they WOULD NOT do. I think your opinions are impacting your ability to be reasonably objective in this situation. I repeat: Windows 8.1 is proof in the pudding here, though I fear it doesn't go far enough and may in fact be too little too late. Had they launched Windows 8 with all the changes they included in 8.1 I am CERTAIN it would have had a warmer reception. As it stands, I think we can say for sure that Windows 8, The RT and the PRO are %100 Complete and utter failures.

Mitchellvii was drooling over the Ativ-Q the other day and while looking at it in detail I noticed they tossed in push-button Android with that Device. Samsung is the Market leader in the handheld space and has a pretty good idea of where the markets are headed. What does it say to you that they added Andriod OS with a Windows 8 device? It tells me they are afraid that people will want to have at least some choice for Touch based apps and that they don't believe that the MS Store can or will provide this to the customers of that device anytime soon.

10. machistmo

machistmo Active Member

My Device:
    Other
    The Desktop as an APP is remarkable?

11. CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro
    It doesn't tell me this at all. It tells me that Samsung/Google are gradually trying to overtake the desktop environment as well as the mobile one... can't blame them at all can you! I wonder if Microsoft could force them not to.

12. isometric

isometric New Member

Instead of buying other tablets: ipad, galaxy tab, etc., I opt to get a SP to replace my bulky laptop.