What's new

Why does Microfoft only offer 90 days of Technical support?

oion

Probably because that's industry standard now.

With the Complete Care extended MS warranty, you'd get 2 years of tech support.

OP
L

Letsg0broncos

I am not sure I agree it is industry standard. Difficult to find other tablets but Ipads that only offer 90 days of technical support

oion

Tablets? I was talking about laptops, PC systems, computing in general. Some companies even separate phone support from the warranty completely. If Microsoft's warranty and tech support terms were completely out of line from industry averages, I'd expect the press would have been all over it. I would also expect the vast majority of consumers rarely use the tech lines (due to the general reputation of "tech support") and instead try to fix their problems online first before sending a problem device for exchange. Because no one wants to deal with the hassle: It's a race to the bottom with "tech support" generally having a bad reputation but costing a manufacturer tons of money in manpower, and in order to save money, the company will start outsourcing and contracting, which leads to lower service quality, Vicious Cycle Time.

If you want to ask Microsoft directly about that policy, then you should go to their official boards. Otherwise, the warranty/support terms are part of the purchase in which all consumers should educate themselves, along with the possibility of direct manufacturer or third party warranty extensions.

benjitek

I am not sure I agree it is industry standard. Difficult to find other tablets but Ipads that only offer 90 days of technical support
Sounds like you'd be happier with one of those non-iPad tablets that come with longer support -- did you call the Microsoft Store and ask them why? Chances are you'd get more of an answer than posting the question in random forums ;-)