My ipad3 (2012) has been crashing and apple says the hardware is failing. I use this for 95% of my home needs. I also have a 2008 imac that's still working well for the remaining 5% (there might be .1% where a windows PC would be handy) Despite how this sounds I'm no mac addict. I thought a surface could be an all in one solution to my computing needs. I picked up a surface 3 at Costco last month. now I'm trying to figure out if I keep it or return it. I like the design and functionality. the stylus and keyboard are nice to have (part of the Costco bundle.) and I like that its a full up PC with a file system that runs windows software. I'm an engineer I spend my working day on a Windows PC and when I come home I want my minimal home needs to be as frustration free as possible. Mainly web surfing email music and podcasts. I find I keep reaching for the ipad because its just more user friendly. everything seems to be a little easier. Ive only used the surface a little. day 2 I was locked out of the surface because my wifi was down and by default it created a online account. I had deal with MS tech support through my ipad to setup a local account that works offline. then it was trouble free (and rarely used) until the sound gave out today. Why should I stick with the surface and not just return it and get a new ipad? I'm tempted to keep it around for occational use alongside the macs but a cheaper laptop could fill that role.