What's new

Why is Apple copying Microsoft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwigirl

They cant even name the ipad Pro with their new name. Surface Pro. Ipad pro. How original.

Then they copy the stylus.

Then they copy the type cover.

Cant Apple come up with original ideas anymore?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm, I figure they copied the success of the first Surface too. :D
A pencil that only holds a charge for an hour.
A keyboard but no trackpad
To charge the pencil you plug it into the edge of the device so it sticks out like an antenna in perfect position to break off.
An OS that limits the app size and can only run two apps at once...
... /S

But seriously, they will sell millions the first day

:D

benjitek

They all copy each other and they all offer their share of unique hardware and features. The tech industry has worked like this for quite some time, and any clairvoyant will tell you it's going to continue in the future.

You shouldn't let it bother you, all that really matters is that you're happy with the tech you decided on, and that the product market offers you many choices.

Last edited:

benjitek

To charge the pencil you plug it into the edge of the device so it sticks out like an antenna in perfect position to break off
Misinformation much...? The pencil will work for 12 hours on a charge, and while I agree they could improve upon that -- it's much longer than the hour you've claimed. Should the battery run out, a 15 second charge will provide 30 minutes of use and 10 minutes to fully charge.

Charging by sticking it in the lightning port isn't the greatest, I'm sure if I had one I'd break it at some point. It is shipping with a adapter though that lets you use a cable instead. Between the cap you remove to charge it, and the tiny adapter, they'll be easily lost and I'd spend a small fortune replacing both of them ;-)

pencil.png

Migi

At least with the Apple Pencil you can draw straight diagonal lines, unlike on any Surface tablet. I think that matters to digital artists, no?

benjitek

At least with the Apple Pencil you can draw straight diagonal lines, unlike on any Surface tablet. I think that matters to digital artists, no?
It does have some distinct advantages that may appeal to artists depending of the level of granularity they're hoping to accomplish. They've somehow achieved imperceptible lag while drawing and the ability to apply varying degrees of shading by tilting the stylus and 'shading' like you would with a pencil. I can barely manage to draw a stick-figure, so it wouldn't matter to me personally, though it may be a decision factor for some.

Last edited:
Hmm, I figure they copied the success of the first Surface too. :D
A keyboard but no trackpad
To charge the pencil you plug it into the edge of the device so it sticks out like an antenna in perfect position to break off.
An OS that limits the app size and can only run two apps at once...
... /S

But seriously, they will sell millions the first day

:D

At least it's rechargeable. 15 second for half an hour of use doesn't mean it will be in for long or be likely to break off. With the SP3 you are stuck trying to find a battery that about 5% of stores stock when it runs out. Maybe Microsoft should be copying them.

As someone mentioned - they all copy each other in some way or form. You remember the dock you now see in Windows? Where do you think that came from? Things in Windows 10 have been in OSX for years. On top of that, Apple started using PCIE in their hard drives in 2013.

Yes, they sell a million because the people using them probably don't need anything more than they offer, and we probably won't see the issues experienced by the current SB and SP4 on release, so again, maybe Microsoft can learn something from the dismal quality control and we will benefit.

Your constant need to validate Microsoft and jump on anyone who says something against Windows comes across as Windows inferiority complex. It's responses like these that make me laugh at sheeple comments because the irony is on one hand you indicate that a million idiotic users are sheeple and then proceed to act like the same.

Perhaps at some point you may realise competition is healthy. It keeps both parties in their toes. It challenges them to innovate and that is good for the consumer.

They cant even name the ipad Pro with their new name. Surface Pro. Ipad pro. How original.

Then they copy the stylus.

Then they copy the type cover.

Cant Apple come up with original ideas anymore?

Didn't the MacBook Pro come before the Surface Pro? You had the MacBook. And the MacBook Pro. About 7-10 years before Microsoft introduced the Surface and Surface Pro...yup...10 years...not exactly copying is it unless you want to switch it around the other way...

Status
Not open for further replies.