What's new

Why is Windows Module Installer churning my CPU?

Giuseppe

I'm quite new with my SP3 i7 and I have experienced the overheating problem just during the first big update from Microsoft, 118 update including the one relative to office 2013.
A part my Surface I use daily a company Dell laptop with an i7 quad core where randomly I notice a very strange increasing of the temperature with the processor at the top of is resolution but just busy at 30% of his capability. After some investigation I discover that there was everytime the temperature rise up, two explorer.exe process active at the same time, and every time after cancel the first one the load of the CPU disappear and the temperature on my PC going back to the normal.
The same trouble occur to my SP3 and I try to use the same fix I use for my Dell and it work perfectly, and no more fun throttle and temperature

malberttoo

I'm quite new with my SP3 i7 and I have experienced the overheating problem just during the first big update from Microsoft, 118 update including the one relative to office 2013.
A part my Surface I use daily a company Dell laptop with an i7 quad core where randomly I notice a very strange increasing of the temperature with the processor at the top of is resolution but just busy at 30% of his capability. After some investigation I discover that there was everytime the temperature rise up, two explorer.exe process active at the same time, and every time after cancel the first one the load of the CPU disappear and the temperature on my PC going back to the normal.
The same trouble occur to my SP3 and I try to use the same fix I use for my Dell and it work perfectly, and no more fun throttle and temperature

Welcome to the forum!

Englando

I ran it and the first time it told me there were two errors and confirmed fixing them successfully. Ran it again and told me there were three errors, two the same as before, and that they were successfully fixed. Ran it again and it told me there were the same three errors. Appears that if you run the program and apply the fix and rerun the program it will always find the same errors. Not sure if they are fixed if it keeps reporting finding the same errors after fixing them and yes I did reboot between fixes.
I have the same issue on my i7 as well as my works i5 Pro 3. I'm just ignoring the problem for now.