What's new

Wierdess after sleep - limited connections, wth?

So I love my SP3.. well mostly. I'm convinced that it's haunted... seems like every couple
hours something weird happens and it normally happens after waking up from a sleep.

Here's the most recent thing that just happened. Opened up Touch Case, tried to swipe to
Get login screen - got no response. Seemed like touch was dead, but trackpad was working.

Continued on the try to log in.. entered password and got this message: The number of
Connections to this computer is limited and the maximum number of connections are
Already in use. WTH????

Tried several more times and got the same thing. Had to power down to get it
To come back to its senses.

Any ideas???

By the way, sorry for caps at the start of each sentence. As I entered this text, I had to
Use hard returns, if I didn't the text didn't wrap at the end of the html control.. kept right
On going right off the page and the screen! (Another weird thing.. HOW BUGGY IS SP3??)

Michael

mcsenerd

Don't feel like the lonesome stranger. I get the same crud too. Crazy thing is that I didn't get the limited connection or missing adapter much until after this latest update, and now it's almost every time it comes out of deep sleep that it happens. I also have gotten the crazy cursor/Touch-Screen weirdness that I've posted a video on before on occasion still.

Don't feel like the lonesome stranger. I get the same crud too. Crazy thing is that I didn't get the limited connection or missing adapter much until after this latest update, and now it's almost every time it comes out of deep sleep that it happens. I also have gotten the crazy cursor/Touch-Screen weirdness that I've posted a video on before on occasion still.
Thanks, glad to hear I'm not alone.

David Martinez

I went to support about this issue and they told me swipe on the right side of the screen right to left. Go into search and look for windows features on/off. A window will open and to check Hyper-V to make sure its enabled. She said with it enabled it will make sure all of the components are turned on after a sleep.

I had other issues which pertained to screen going black after a login and only the mouse icon from the trackpad was on the screen. I was ordered to do a refresh and apply all of the updates. Once the updates are done to reinstall my desktop programs. So far haven't had a issue yet.

Also to add looks like in the recent update Sleep is no longer available its either restart/shutdown but I am getting 9 1/2 hrs of battery time now.