What's new

WiFi Antenna

Rob1234

Hi first post..I am thinking about buying an surface have searched the net cant find the answer ..can I use my external wifi antenna on a surface ,,not sure what one I am going to get so any info on this would be good ,,thanks,,rob

OP
R

Rob1234

to boost the wifi signal...when i take my laptop on holiday i take a little usb wifi antenna plug it in to a usb port ,,then instead of picking up 10 wifi signals ,,i can pick up 50 from much further away ,,cant believe nobody has tried this ? i have bought an i pad i have found the wifi is not strong enough to pick up the free wifi that is broadcast on the beach ,,i meerly want to to know if the surface will do the same as laptop with the antenna ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300M-Wire...SB_Wi_Fi_Adapters_Dongles&hash=item4ad9d6f9fa

Last edited:

JesseDiaz

I would imagine that if you use it on your laptop, you can use it on the sp3 since its a full pro version of windows. It would replace your wlan on your sp3 though

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man, i would never take a non-sealed device like a surface pro to the beach. So much potential for disaster.