What's new

WiFi Issue with MS Pro 2

RMarkP

I have MS Pro 2 (512GB). I bought it about a year ago. Recently, I traveled from home on Cape Cod to Orlando with it. It worked on CC. When I got to Orlando, I tried to get Wi-Fi at the resort. It said no networks were available, which was not true. My phone got Wi-Fi and others with me did. In Troubleshoot, I got the following message: "The Marvell AVASTAR Wireless Composite Device adaptor is experiencing driver - or hardware related problems.". This problem persisted over two days. I took the tablet to a nearby Geek Squad at Best Buy. They had the same problem and got the same error message. I assumed I had a hardware problem. When I returned to Cape Cod, I tried the tablet again and it works fine. I'm using it for this message.
What's going on. Please use simple language, I'm not technical person.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, many public WiFi Hotspots as well as consumer routers use out of date firmware and struggle with the Marvel WLAN Card on the Surface Devices...this can be even more problematic if the public WiFi Hotspot uses a website to "Agree" for the connection.

The fact the device works at home points to this...

OP
R

RMarkP

Unfortunately, many public WiFi Hotspots as well as consumer routers use out of date firmware and struggle with the Marvel WLAN Card on the Surface Devices...this can be even more problematic if the public WiFi Hotspot uses a website to "Agree" for the connection.

The fact the device works at home points to this...

Thank you. That sounds reasonable The resort business center computers were still running Win XP. However, I would expect the Best Buy wifi hardware and software to be up to date, especially since they sell MS Surface tablets. Weird.