What's new

Wifi Issues after Firmware/Driver update

qitupx

Is anybody else having issues where the transmit speeds refuses to go higher than 65MB (max speed for a single spacial stream) I wonder if Microsoft's "fix" was to disable mimo or something. I'm about 10 feet away from the router and I use to be able to pull 130 pretty much all the time or 270-300 on 40MHz. I also have the issue where if I connect a bluetooth device it instantly goes into limited connectivity. I've uninstalled and re installed with no luck. Why, Microsoft, couldn't you give us an Intel card?

aessing

Is anybody else having issues where the transmit speeds refuses to go higher than 65MB (max speed for a single spacial stream) I wonder if Microsoft's "fix" was to disable mimo or something. I'm about 10 feet away from the router and I use to be able to pull 130 pretty much all the time or 270-300 on 40MHz. I also have the issue where if I connect a bluetooth device it instantly goes into limited connectivity. I've uninstalled and re installed with no luck. Why, Microsoft, couldn't you give us an Intel card?

Hi qitupx,

having the same issue here.
When Bluetooth is disabled, I get 130MBits/s, when ist enabled I get just 65MBits/s.

Also, when transfer data with Bluetooth off I get 8MB/s. With Bluetooth on, just 6MB/s.
It gets even more worse when I connect a BT device, than it goes down to 1.5MB/s.

I already opened a thread about that in the MS Forum.
Hello,

a few day ago I got my Surface Pro 2 and I'm really sold on it.
Except one big problem... When I enable the Bluetooth on the Surface, the transmission rate drops from round about 8MB/s to 6MB/s. But it even gets more worse, when I connect a Bluetooth device to the Surface, the rate drops from round about 6MB/s to round about 1.5MB/s.

It seems that the Bluetooth adapter interferes with the Wireless Lan adapter. I know that both adapters are staying on the same Marvell chip, but I cannot Imagine that Marvell designs their chips with problems like this.

EDIT: Also found out, that when I work over Wi-Fi, the Bluetooth connection sometimes stucks, so that the mouse is stucking. After a few seconds everything gets normal.

Has someone the same problem and/or knows how to fix that?

Thanks a lot

Andre

Perhaps someone here knows a solution.

Andre

olimjj

I believe that on the second Tuesday of each month @ approx. 2PM EST Microsoft has a " regular comprehensive" Windows Update. This update might provide some minor fixes which will address some of the issues people have been having. Microsoft does watch this Forum so they are aware of the issues.

suprafly

For me it a hit or miss with the updates, after a deep sleep on sp3 the wifi connection would disappear and I would have to run windows troubleshooting for WiFi to re-appear and able to connect.

Other times after troubleshooting with windows 7 wizard doesn't resolve the problem, and full restart will correct the problem.