Wifi issues on wake from sleep

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Book' started by Mashes, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Mashes

Mashes New Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Hi Folks,

I am having some issues when the surfacebook wakes from sleep. More often than not, the wifi shows limited connection (no internet) and requires a toggle of wifi off/on or reboot to fix.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas for a fix?

2. ctballos

ctballos New Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Prior to the December updates I had the same issues. They seem OK now. One quirk I still have and it's not functional just annoying is the WiFi icon and the Airplane icon in the action center are always both lit up. I can clear the Airplane toggle if I unclick and reclick the WiFi toggle.

3. Seneleron

Seneleron Active Member

Now that you mention it, this HAS started happening to me within the last 36 hours or so. Nice to know I'm not going mad, I thought it was just me...

Small addendum, seems to happen when I set the clipboard in reverse orientation on the base. It was fine all day, i flippex the screen around to watch some netflix before bed, and it dropped out. disconnected the clipboard again and got black screen.

Playing with it a little more, i removex the clipboard again, wifi went out, tried to do a repair, and got a bsod "driver irql not less than or equal to".

uninstalled/reinstalled the driver, will see if that resolves.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015